Polar Bear

Team Red v Team Green

32 minutes ago, HeavyG said:

I just chalk it up to the sort of trash talking sport that many guys seem to engage in. I never take it seriously.

Those that do take it seriously should probably just learn to lighten up.

I think it's different to this extent, I can talk trash about any sport without being invested in the sport, the team or the player. A fanboi is heavily invested financially and it may be an entire lifestyle. That said, what brand another person buys ultimtely doesn't affect my life so in the words of that great frenchman- kay sara sara. (or, que sera sera)

The BGE-KJ rivalry compares to some other notable ones:

Yankees - Red Sox

Ford - Chevy

Fender - Gibson

Bud Light - Coors Light

Pelikan - Montblanc

Infiniti - Lexus

Peter Luger - Bryant & Cooper

Army - Navy

Michigan - Ohio

North Shore - South Shore

East Coast - West Coast

Mongoose - Cobra

Mustang - Camaro

Ferarri - Lamborghini

BMW - Mercedes

KAOS - CONTROL

Starfleet - Klingons

Bugs - Elmer

4 hours ago, BT3100FS said:

The BGE-KJ rivalry compares to some other notable ones:

Yankees - Red Sox

Ford - Chevy

Fender - Gibson

Bud Light - Coors Light

Pelikan - Montblanc

Infiniti - Lexus

Peter Luger - Bryant & Cooper

Army - Navy

Michigan - Ohio

North Shore - South Shore

East Coast - West Coast

Mongoose - Cobra

Mustang - Camaro

Ferarri - Lamborghini

BMW - Mercedes

KAOS - CONTROL

Starfleet - Klingons

Bugs - Elmer

agreed... supposedly, the term fanboi was initially related to tech companies and tech products. As such perhaps the most prolific is Apple versus the world. I think Steve Jobs promoted and rode it to elevate his brand in the mid to late 90's when Apple was a widely accepted better computer which only a fraction of the market. Apple vs Microsoft; Apple OS vs Windows OS; Apple Mac vs PC; Apple Logic vs Pro Tools (in the recording industry); iPhone vs. Android Apple broser vs Google Browser / Adobe Flash; iPad vs Tablets. 

I remember a now laughable contention my children participted in: Myspace vs Facebook (they and their friends agreed- the upstart Facebook was too annoying, invasive and would never catch on!!!) 

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

My cat is better than your dog? 

I tried anyway - LOL 

And no it's not - Mrs skreef's cats suck!!! Except maybe one. 

The angry old man is coming round. He used to profess to hate all cats...

(I’m old and angry too so don’t take this personal, I just love cats)

9 hours ago, prowe said:

The angry old man is coming round. He used to profess to hate all cats...

(I’m old and angry too so don’t take this personal, I just love cats)

The OK cat is the original stray cat that showed up fully house broken. It's now an indoor/outdoor cat which I can trust to get left inside all day with having an "accident" or doing anything bad. It's just to lazy and fat to be bad - LOL 

7 hours ago, ckreef said:

The OK cat is the original stray cat that showed up fully house broken. It's now an indoor/outdoor cat which I can trust to get left inside all day with having an "accident" or doing anything bad. It's just to lazy and fat to be bad - LOL 

Trust me, lazy and fat does not preclude one from being bad

It's annoying. Ignore it.

They are high priced luxury items (compared to a traditional kettles/grills) and we all have to go through a long mental process to justify to ourselves and sometimes wife why we are choosing a specific brand. So when we reach a conclusion everyone else is a flamming idiot if they didn't make the same exact choice.

Cars, trucks,boats, mowers, riding mowers,FREAKING COOLERS!!! houses, lot size, clothing, watches, baseball bats, gloves, blah blah blah blah. It's an endless list.

Just ignore it.

With that said, I will gladly give props to early adopters of kj. Heck even bge. When there isn't alot of history of a brand (or cooking style) out there it takes a bit of gumption to make the initial leap.

For the record. My yeti cups get zero use these days and sit at the back of the cabinet.

Now days I have so many Ozark trail cups / ccozies / closable lids / jugsI can't even understand why I paid 70 bucks for two yeti cups and watched easily 6 hours of videos over 1 cup losing ice at 15 hours and 2 minutes and another one at 15 hours and 5 minutes.

It's a freaking cup. Much like a clay pot is like another clay pot.

13 hours ago, WilliamTell said:

For the record. My yeti cups get zero use these days and sit at the back of the cabinet.

Now days I have so many Ozark trail cups / ccozies / closable lids / jugsI can't even understand why I paid 70 bucks for two yeti cups and watched easily 6 hours of videos over 1 cup losing ice at 15 hours and 2 minutes and another one at 15 hours and 5 minutes.

It's a freaking cup. Much like a clay pot is like another clay pot.

This presents another fun set of arguments :)