BGE rips off Divide & Conquer

Several passionate KJ users are probably looking a little cross eyed this morning at the BGE video for the 2018 models.  Many of our shaking our heads at BGE’s subpar knock-off of the Kontrol Tower and D&C system.  

The rain cap on a stick is just strange.  It does’t seem like it would work in a downpour.  It’s no where near the quality of the KJ.  The steel wire and CI grates are not on par with the D&C either. 

All of it seems like seems like a very rushed knock-off’s of KJ designs. 

i think it looks more like the Ceramic Grill Store adjustable rig which (if you go on the egghead-forum  site) will see that many Egg Heads have been using and recommending for years.

not too far of a stretch for BGE to include it with initial purchase (kinda sucks for CGS though).

anyway, i kind of like it. 

These threads that are along the lines of company "x"  rips off/copies/steals company "y" idea really needs to stop. Everyone is copying everyone else's ideas, that's just how the world works, get over it. BGE may/or may not  have gotten an idea from KJ or maybe they were imitating CGS. Maybe it started with KJ copying CGS. Or maybe on another idea KJ copied KK. Who cares anyway. Everybody wins. 

Stop the madness with these type of threads. 

That's my opinion and Yea it sucks. 

The copying thing aside, I was more surprised BGE didn’t make the quality of the parts better.  I guess you’ll have to see them in person.  The thin gauge of steel, the odd rain cap on a stick thing feels like a rushed design process.  

It’s good to see BGE make changes but also puzzling why they didn’t deliver something on par with the existing Smokeware vent and CGS system.  

Weber Summit smoker really has superior fit and finish.  They really upped their game with their new design.  Traeger did the same envolpe push with their new Timberlien’s.  

17 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

The copying thing aside, I was more surprised BGE didn’t make the quality of the parts better.  I guess you’ll have to see them in person.  The thin gauge of steel, the odd rain cap on a stick thing feels like a rushed design process.  

It’s good to see BGE make changes but also puzzling why they didn’t deliver something on par with the existing Smokeware vent and CGS system.  

Weber Summit smoker really has superior fit and finish.  They really upped their game with their new design.  Traeger did the same envolpe push with their new Timberlien’s.  

It wouldn't shock me if it came out that the DnC system was only begrudgingly approved by BGEs higher ups.

BGE seem to have always seemed to take the stance of "why bother" and yet the lack of DnC seems to be the main point of difference people go to when comparing BGE and KJ. Its obviously something they needed to offer as not having it was loosing them a lot of sales but it does look like it was more of a "that'll do" that a ground up redesign.

Still, assuming the price point isn't too extreme, I think a lot of BGE users will make good use of the system

The rain cap for the top vent is crap, though. It just screams "afterthought"