Phrede

Disappointed , is this normal?

19 hours ago, Darylb said:

I'm going to try to get some pictures and post a proper review but my first impressions of this grill are very positive.  The packing, directions, fit and finish etc. are much better than I expected.  I don't know if there is a difference between buying at wally world and costco, mine came from costco, but mine is very well put together.

There probably some quality control issues for me to receive two poor Pit Bosses.  However it was enough for me to move on and not look back.  YMMV

3 hours ago, Phrede said:

There probably some quality control issues for me to receive two poor Pit Bosses.  However it was enough for me to move on and not look back.  YMMV

Yours were the first run 2016 K22 models with the wood shelves which may not be all that representative of the 2018 K24 at Costco.  The fact that Walmart had 2016 K22’s to sell you in 2018 also calls into question the history of those particular grills. 

3 hours ago, m-fine said:

Yours were the first run 2016 K22 models with the wood shelves which may not be all that representative of the 2018 K24 at Costco.  The fact that Walmart had 2016 K22’s to sell you in 2018 also calls into question the history of those particular grills. 

I assume my K22 from Walmart, with the bamboo tables, is a 2016 model, and I've had no issues whatsoever. Loving it!

6 minutes ago, ShowMeSmoke said:

I assume my K22 from Walmart, with the bamboo tables, is a 2016 model, and I've had no issues whatsoever. Loving it!

My K24 is a 2016 (bought in 2016) and has been great as well (other than the wood turning black), as were most of them, but the QC does seem to have gotten better.   

I bought mine this summer. The only problem I've had have been relatively simple fixes. Upgraded the hinge and plan to switch to a Rutland gasket eventually. 

I bought mine at Costco, which means I can return it for up to a year, but I have no plans to do so. I got mine end of season clearance for $600, i couldnt being to replace it with anything even for double that price.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:09 PM, Bigdizzle said:

Upgraded the hinge and plan to switch to a Rutland gasket eventually. 

Would love to hear how you upgraded the Pitt Boss 24" hinge. I haven't seen anything on the market. 

Seems like the dude bolted but.... I've got a PB24 I bought from Costco back in June 2016. I absolutely love it as an introduction into the world of kamado grills. Awesome value for the money, especially and extra $150 off for clearance.

I've had some similar issues, but it just had to fiddle with the bolts to get everything nice and tight. His lid issues is easily fixable by adjusting some screws and bolts in the back! And who needs a "lower screen" for sparks?!

Biggest draw back for 2016 are the bamboo sides. Mine were fine in California, but as soon as I moved to the East Coast last year they turned moldy....