Sign in to follow this  
damncajun

Lavatools CL1 Carbon LITE Wireless Bluetooth

3 hours ago, damncajun said:

Has anyone tried this product?  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LA7EJE4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3IRFRU26TI1CZ&psc=1

Seems to have decent reviews and a simple design.  The box measures ambient temps and a probe for the meat.  Only $40.  Looking for a simple solution to not have to babysit the smoker all day. 

I'm new to this but Thermoworks Smoke seems to be the best by everyone. Thats what I'm ordering. Bluetooth seems to be unreliable.

14 hours ago, Rick312 said:

I'm new to this but Thermoworks Smoke seems to be the best by everyone. Thats what I'm ordering. Bluetooth seems to be unreliable.

essentially the Thermoworks is also "Bluetooth".   wireless technology for exchanging data over short distances. 

Interesting.  I've been extremely happy with other Lavatools products; I have the Javelin and the Javelin Pro Duo.  I also have a Thermopop and have used friends Thermapens many times.  I prefer the Javelin over the Thermopop, and I prefer the Pro Duo over the Thermapens I've used.  

That said, I prefer being able to see pit and meat temps just walking by the counter.  I don't want to have to open my phone and open an app.  I'd recommend a Thermoworks Smoke if you have the $$

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kentuckyboy76
      I just picked up the Classic 2 and I did a brisket as well as some burgers/chicken/etc. While I am definitely still a novice I had a few questions about temperature. I calibrated my thermometer (I am going to again when the grill cools) and I decided to use an old oven one inside the grill as well to test. I did a quick cook of two chicken breasts, the grill showed 400 as its temp and the oven thermometer showed 475. The chicken finished up in about 14 minutes (165 internal) which makes me think it was closer to 475 than 400.

Any ideas on how to confirm if my thermometer needs to be replaced if the second calibration doesn't take? My brisket came up to temp much more quickly than the standard times listed as well.

Thanks in advance,

Justin
    • By aimnburn
      Hi all,

I just took delivery of a Joe Classic 2 and I'm looking forward to my first cook on Saturday. I'm planning on doing Neopolitan style pizzas so I'll need to go super hot (800 degrees+)

Is it safe to do this for a first cook or should I season my Joe first with some lower temperature cooks?
    • By Tony in Tampa
      Hello all.  I am currently shopping for a kamado grill and have just started doing the research about a week ago, so I have some questions.  Let me start out with the back story.  We have a fairly small lanai (screened in porch).  I currently have a Webber Genesis that is about 10 years old.  I have wanted a smoker for years, but we just don't have the room.  I love my Webber, but I just couldn't keep the smoke box smoking and keep the temp low enough when trying to smoke with it.  Now I'm ready to enter the world of kamado grilling and get rid of my gas grill...I think.  I looked at the Vision Pro C at the Home Depot first and then I looked at the BGE.  The Vision's stand seemed to have some wobble when I moved it, but I wasn't sure if it was just how they assembled the display, other than that, they seemed pretty close.  My questions are:
      If properly assembled, is the base as sturdy as the BGE?
      Can you keep the temp down to 195 - 200 with the vision or BGE?
      I have read some comments about the heat escaping through the starter port and ash drawer; is this still the case?
      Do BGE accessories fit such as the heat deflector or (plate setter)?
      Is the Vision as good as the Kamado Joe?
      I don't want to skimp on quality, but are the BGEs and KJs worth the extra money?
      Any unbiased feedback would be much appreciated by someone cautiously entering the kamado world.

PS
      If when reading this you heard an accent...I'm originally from Maine...LOL
    • By BennyB
      Hi all,
      I've had a feeling that my Pit Boss temp probe was a bit out so I tested it tonight in boiling water and it taps out at around 180f (my Thermopen read 211.6f). It doesn't look like you can calibrate it - I had a look at the end and although there's a ridge that a screwdriver can go in it doesn't move.

I've seen a few people replace their gauge and Tell Tru brand pops up a lot, is there a particular model everyone recommends and where would I get it online? I'm in Australia so online is likely the only option.

Cheers,
      Ben
    • By JeffieBoy
      So I bought an iGrill 2 over the winter. At the time my iPad was a very old model 2 running IOS7, so I couldn't install the app.  Instead I loaded it onto my wife's Mini running a newer IOS version.  It has worked well.  Fast forward six months.  I now have the newest iPad Pro and IOS 10.2.3.  I've loaded the app, checked my Bluetooth is on and - - - it won't pair up with the iGrill2! I double checked with hers and it see it immediately.

I have double checked my bluetooth settings, turned hers off, read the manual and have no idea why they wont pair up. Any suggestions?