Resurrection Sunday Brisket

Cooked a brisket for our Church Brunch (Roasted chicken, brisket, candied sweet potatoes, green beans, mac & cheese). Started it 9pm and wrapped it in butcher paper the last hour to get it off by 9am. Granted this is an extremely horrible brisket pic but, after two long shifts and basically no sleep, I was incapable of properly operating a camera. I did discover that I can basically cook a brisket sleepwalking however. :-D

fullsizeoutput_5b9.thumb.jpeg.f4508c9b066a11c1c38be0e46497acf8.jpeg

The Macaroni Grill style bread

fullsizeoutput_5b8.thumb.jpeg.e062df6dff422e8bda50b64e1f8c21a9.jpeg

leftovers for today's breakfast.

fullsizeoutput_5ba.thumb.jpeg.2c6706ed4fab7e78b5e426c1afc18436.jpeg

6 hours ago, shuley said:

Man, I wish my church brunches were like that. 

The only caveate for me was losing control of slicing the brisket after it was finished. They were determined to cut the brisket and lay the slices in an aluminum pan prior to serving instead of setting up a slicing station. I need to get that worked out. lol

23 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

You know you’re hardcore when you’re smoking half asleep and it’s the camera you have problems with and not the cooker....  looks like a success to me. :)

lol... everything was great until the point I asked the kitchen staff for a cutting board to place the brisket on but forgot to ask them to place the brisket on it. So, when we were ready to eat, the brisket was still in the faux cambro. It was still piping hot 4 hours after I put it in and with only 15 minutes to rest, all the moisture was going up as steam. :oops: 

I did wait another 30 minutes or so before I sampled it, it was great after the rest!

2 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

lol... everything was great until the point I asked the kitchen staff for a cutting board to place the brisket on but forgot to ask them to place the brisket on it. So, when we were ready to eat, the brisket was still in the faux cambro. 

Don't you hate it when people do as you say and not as you mean???? ;)