• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Cooking in Ohio
      Has anyone replaced your old felt gasket , with the new mesh style ? If so have you tried just replacing just the dome or the bottom half , and leaving the other side with nothing ? 
      Thanks for any input you may have
    • By FJPinChs
      Good morning and happy Independence Day!  I am new here as a poster but have been lurking in the background since I got th kamado bug.  There is a ton of good info on this forum and I appreciate the posters and information found here. 

I have have cooked a Weber kettle weekly for the past 10 yrs and have recently been looking for an excuse to get a kamado.  Wouldn’t you know, the darn wheel fell off when I moved it last weekend....  Guess that’s my excuse?  I use 2 zone cooking A LOT and have decided the Primo XL Oval best suits my needs.  I would prefer the new all in one package but suppose I could buy the stand alone grill and build a table, if necessary.

That being said, I am very curious to hear what any of you Primo Xl owners paid (and where).  I’d also like to know the best sales price y’all remember seeing on them so I know when I see a good deal to pull the trigger and buy it.  I am surprised not to see any real 4th of July sales on them now.  When would be the best time to buy one at the best price y’all have seen?

Thanks ahead of time and have a safe and happy 4th!!!
    • By philpom
      So far it's a great Saturday morning.   Got up a little early, started a fire with rockwood and apple.  Then dressed this 15 pound brisket with my coffee rub blend.

Later today I have a hunk of loin to cook, it's been curing for about 14 days.

I'll update with photos in a few hours. 

• By kaybee
      Over the winter my previous attempt to apply a Rutland gasket failed so I had to redo it. A little research showed that a number of people were having adhesion issues with the Rutland cement due to age of the cement or difficulty of application. The upshot is that the recommendation now is to use PermaTex Ultra Copper automotive gasket maker as the glue for the fiberglass Rutland gasket.

Follow the NakedWhiz instructions for surface preparation:
      http://www.nakedwhiz.com/rutlandgasket/gasket.htm

Follow my instructions here (in the photo comments) for the PermaTex application and curing process:
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/AWWEsQGBTBHsG3Py2

I cannot recommend the PermaTex highly enough. Compared to the Rutland cement it is a dream. I am seriously considering doing my second egg with just four or five layers of PermaTex and no fibreglass to have a nice stiff but rubbery seal. That should make any repairs a snap. Cut out the offending part and reapply the PermaTex after cleaning/roughening.

I have contacted NakedWhiz by email to see about combining the two sets of instructions. We'll see what happens...

• By CentralTexBBQ
      I guess, I could wait and do an unboxing, install and review video on Youtube but, I'm no Youtuber so, why start now?

Anyway, I called my local Authorized KJ dealer on Monday and inquired about a replacement Wire Mesh Fiberglass Gasket for an original, pre-2017 Big Joe (Model #BJ24RH). He then called KJ for me (KJ simply referred me to the dealer), I was given the part number #BJ-MGA24 and told that they would in fact be able to order it from KJ. He called again yesterday to say that it will be here in a about week and cost around $90. YES!!!