Broil King Smoke Pellet XL

SmallBBQr

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but I figured it would be preferable to starting a new one. I'm thinking about adding a pellet smoker to the back deck to complement the Primo and the BBQ place I frequent is a Broil King dealer and has one of these. I couldn't find any reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

Originally, I was thinking a Traeger but I like that Broil King makes its stuff in Canada (I try and buy made in Canada, the USA or other countries that pay decent wages as much as possible) and the dealer that sold me my Primo has been good to me so if I can throw another big purchase his way, I'm happy to do so as long as the product is pretty decent.

SMOKE PELLET XL PRO

The Smoke Pellet XL Pro pellet grill body is constructed from 2mm (14 gauge) steel, has 625 Sq.in. (4,032 Sq.cm.) of primary cooking surface, 200 Sq.in. (1,290 Sq.cm.) secondary cooking surface and heavy duty cast iron cooking grids. The Wifi and Bluetooth® enabled digital controller provides enhanced temperature control to smoke, roast or sear. The controller display panel is the easiest to read while grilling, check the competition. This innovative product comes fully equipped with a powerful auger, 22-lb capacity pellet hopper, removable grease management system, unique ash management system, deluxe rotisserie kit, 2 electronic meat probes, and base storage and side shelf.

22 lbs.Hopper Size

825 sq. in.Total Cooking Space
600F / 200F Max / Min Operating Temp.
5 PieceCast Iron Cooking Grids
496051-Pellet-XL-PRO_04.jpg.69f4c3f29d784641c9ed404a8f0176c9.jpg
496051-Pellet-XL-PRO_01.jpg.a6c1bab5a1883af1f1a750e9f098d29b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Purchased the Broil King Pellet XL last November 2018.

It's a beast. Solid heavy steel throughout. Had to move it to the second floor patio deck with 3 guys. The unit weight isn't posted, might scare away customers but it is 2 mm/ 14 guage throughout. The lid is double steel insulated for better heat retention. You must compare with other pellet grills to appreciate the quality of this grill.

The rotisserie is a nice touch for a pellet grill.  Lots of thought put into this. 

It does get very hot. I bought a Green Mountain Grill Pizza Oven, fits right in. The pizza's are fantastic - way better than my Kamado style BBQ.  The oven setting at about 475 F. (250 C) gets the pizza stone to around 650 - 700 F.  Even had the stone up to 875 F. (470 C.)

for kicks. Just don't cook on it. I recommend using an infrared temperature gun on the stone for accuracy,  around $30.00

GMG.jpeg

Green Mountain Pizza Grill.jpg

On 3/31/2019 at 10:57 AM, joeyhansen said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but I figured it would be preferable to starting a new one. I'm thinking about adding a pellet smoker to the back deck to complement the Primo and the BBQ place I frequent is a Broil King dealer and has one of these. I couldn't find any reviews online. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

Originally, I was thinking a Traeger but I like that Broil King makes its stuff in Canada (I try and buy made in Canada, the USA or other countries that pay decent wages as much as possible) and the dealer that sold me my Primo has been good to me so if I can throw another big purchase his way, I'm happy to do so as long as the product is pretty decent.

Look into RECTEC they are built to last

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, shadecanada said:

Purchased the Broil King Pellet XL last November 2018.

It's a beast. Solid heavy steel throughout. Had to move it to the second floor patio deck with 3 guys. The unit weight isn't posted, might scare away customers but it is 2 mm/ 14 guage throughout. The lid is double steel insulated for better heat retention. You must compare with other pellet grills to appreciate the quality of this grill.

The rotisserie is a nice touch for a pellet grill.  Lots of thought put into this. 

It does get very hot. I bought a Green Mountain Grill Pizza Oven, fits right in. The pizza's are fantastic - way better than my Kamado style BBQ.  The oven setting at about 475 F. (250 C) gets the pizza stone to around 650 - 700 F.  Even had the stone up to 875 F. (470 C.)

for kicks. Just don't cook on it. I recommend using an infrared temperature gun on the stone for accuracy,  around $30.00

Thanks for the review.  It's been hard to find anything online on this grill.  Did you manage to use it at all during the winter?  Does it do ok in the Vancouver winter?

I just ordered a 2019 model from them. Reviews are hard to find, but haven't found a bad one yet. Thanks to Shadecanada for tip on the pizza oven, I will be looking for one of them next.

As for weight manufacture calls it out at #275. 

• 1 month later...