ckreef

Unboxing New WFO - crazy delivery story.

I laughed out loud when I saw and read the description about the trailer. Good for you for fixing the truck!

That thing is a beast, I am simultaneously quite jealous and completely sure it would never make it to my back yard.

EDIT: I guess with the corner brackets it COULD be done with an engine lift. Hmm...

27 minutes ago, gotzero said:

I laughed out loud when I saw and read the description about the trailer. Good for you for fixing the truck!

That thing is a beast, I am simultaneously quite jealous and completely sure it would never make it to my back yard.

EDIT: I guess with the corner brackets it COULD be done with an engine lift. Hmm...

Absolutely,  they actually picture an engine lift as one of the options for moving it into place. That would be moving it into place from the front. Unfortunately that is a much harder option for me. I need to come in from the back. Just glad my company has the right equipment and I work so many hours they'll can't really say no - LOL 

Never fear @gotzero I can gently nudge you into this adventure too!!! ;)

12 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Great and memorable story to go with your new newest addition to your outdoor cooking devices.  It's a really great looking WFO.

Definitely a story I won't soon forget. 

On 4/9/2018 at 9:43 AM, Bgosnell151 said:

Haaaa, that is definitely crazy.  That little guy is a thing of beauty, congrats!!!

TY, definitely a story to tell while sitting around eating pizza. 

53 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

I gotta say that Christmas in March is pretty dang good too... just sayin’...

So you going to show us a driveway cook?

Well I have to do a 5 day cure process before I can let it rip so probably not. Sorry. We're still a month or more away from ignition. 

39 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Well I have to do a 5 day cure process before I can let it rip so probably not. Sorry. We're still a month or more away from ignition. 

What does a 5 day cure look like? 

6 hours ago, Ben S said:

What does a 5 day cure look like? 

You burn a small fire for 4-5 hours for 5 days in a row. 

Day 1 @ 140*

Day 2 @ 215*

Day 3 @ 300*

Day 4 @ 400*

Day 5 @ 480*

This is to help drive out any residual moisture from deep inside the refractory cement. 

how did the curing go? and how hard is it not to overshoot the 140°? My deft investigative skills located the manufacturer. :-D

I'm wondering whether i should sell my second BJ and Jr. (both still unused) or just wait and save for one. hmmm

5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

how did the curing go? and how hard is it not to overshoot the 140°? My deft investigative skills located the manufacturer. :-D

I'm wondering whether i should sell my second BJ and Jr. (both still unused) or just wait and save for one. hmmm

From the videos I've watched it's kindling only for 140*. We're not quite there yet. Check out this installation thread. Probably still another 4 weeks before I'll be ready to fire it up. 

Did you find Authentic Pizza Ovens dot com, the distributor in AR where I bought it from or Impex Fire dot com, the company in Portugal where it is made? 

10 hours ago, ckreef said:

Did you find Authentic Pizza Ovens dot com, the distributor in AR where I bought it from or Impex Fire dot com, the company in Portugal where it is made? 

Both but, Authentic Pizza first. I have been stalking a Forno Bravo for quite a few years now.

5 hours ago, CentralTexBBQ said:

Both but, Authentic Pizza first. I have been stalking a Forno Bravo for quite a few years now.

Forno Bravo was definitely in the running. They are really nice but the stone covered model I bought stole my heart as it just fits in with my rustic garden/pond area.