ckreef

Unboxing New WFO - crazy delivery story.

Ordered  a WFO from a company in AR. Delivery was going along as expected until it got to a local delivery terminal/company. There it sat for 3 days. They wouldn't answer their phone or respond to emails. Not a peep from them. Yesterday about 1:30pm they called. We're about to deliver your pizza oven in an hour. I laughed at them since I was 2 hours from the house. Ohh - they decided to deliver it today instead (so much for delivery appointments). I would be the last on the truck making it the first to deliver. I stayed home from work today patiently waiting. 

Around 9:30am got a call. The guys screwed up and put it first on the truck making me the last delivery stop. Fine! As long as it delivers today. I went to work for a couple of hours then once again came home and  patiently waited. 

At 3:30pm got another phone call. We have a problem, the delivery truck broke down on the exit ramp to your house. I have the part needed to repair it. Any mechanics near by? Otherwise we're going to have to tow the truck out of their. 

WOW, not so fast!  I know I can solve my problem and I'll try and solve yours. Bring the part to the truck and I'll bring tools. So basically using my tools, me and the driver fixed the truck and my WFO finally arrived at the house. The bright side of the story is the owner of the delivery company gave me $80 for helping fix his truck and the WFO was sitting in the yard just were I needed it - LOL 

Here is the broke down truck. That's my orange tool box. Also notice the trailer behind my car. That oven was coming home one way or another. 

WFODa.thumb.jpg.093f7bc72774c26a39a909874c0e1582.jpg

So here it is finally arriving about 6pm.

WFODb.thumb.jpg.71e03b3e34b1e1f231feb0180c4dddc1.jpg

Look at the determination. I didn't know Mrs skreef was snapping pictures. I was a little preoccupied. 

WFODc.thumb.jpg.7360945683061e545fde7b833c7783f7.jpg

The red thing is a 4' level for size reference. 

WFOd.thumb.jpg.a8f7673542609320d8fe58d51f1abf1f.jpg

WFODe.thumb.jpg.575f918f76d1c71547fe085172012d45.jpg

WFODf.thumb.jpg.c543aafdb1c2567d1970c958a9e901b6.jpg

The inside. 

WFODh.thumb.jpg.007fb9bf0b2db0c2752f4f4cb85f784f.jpg

WFODg.thumb.jpg.49a9653af2f8e773bbc6cff8c71e7f7f.jpg

The door, thermometer and free ceramic baking dish. 

WFODj.thumb.jpg.016cd63c7a1980af6fd75fdee7363c06.jpg

This thing is huge. Can't wait to build a stand and get it fired up. I also ordered a SS chimney extender and rain cap. More to come over the next month or so. 

WFODi.thumb.jpg.cca61b9f158fe9208d80b759c8ebc7fe.jpg

WFODk.thumb.jpg.e14a70c7049aa828e4cff8fa3318b193.jpg

WFODf.jpg

O   M   G  

Wow!  You weren't joking - that is the craziest delivery story I've ever heard.  

@ckreef saves the day for the truck driver to save the day for his WFO!  Legendary.....

It's a beauty!  Can't wait to watch this story play out. :)

Congrats @ckreef & @skreef!  You guys are my new heroes. 

9 minutes ago, In2Fish said:

Wow, that's nice looking, how heavy is it?

1,500 lbs. I am going to borrow works brand new service truck with large boom hoist to lift it into place once I'm ready. Can't really see them in the pictures but it has 4 corner eyes for doing just this. In the end you can cutoff the corner eyes if you choose. 

19 minutes ago, Ben S said:

Wow!  Speechless 

When I got the crate off of it and I saw how big it was I was left speechless. The first thing Mrs skreef did was comment on how big it was. 

20 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

O   M   G  

Wow!  You weren't joking - that is the craziest delivery story I've ever heard.  

@ckreef saves the day for the truck driver to save the day for his WFO!  Legendary.....

It's a beauty!  Can't wait to watch this story play out. :)

Congrats @ckreef & @skreef!  You guys are my new heroes. 

I definitely wasn't joking. A crazy ending to a delivery nightmare. 

2 minutes ago, ckreef said:

When I got the crate off of it and I saw how big it was I was left speechless. The first thing Mrs skreef did was comment on how big it was. 

Just like diamonds and TVs. They shrink the more you look at them.  

2 minutes ago, Ben S said:

Just like diamonds and TVs. They shrink the more you look at them.  

I think it's going to look even bigger once I get it off the ground on a stand. But basically you're right. Things look smaller once you get used to the size. 

1 minute ago, ckreef said:

I think it's going to look even bigger once I get it off the ground on a stand. But basically you're right. Things look smaller once you get used to the size. 

It will look even smaller when you build a fire inside and have less space 

16 hours ago, landscaper said:

That is SWEET!

Crazy story, you da man!

Can't wait to see it fired up!

Congrats!

TY landscaper. It really was a crazy ending to a delivery nightmare but it ended well. And I took Mrs skreef out to a really good lunch today on the money I got for helping fix the truck. 

Win, win! 

1 hour ago, shuley said:

Now that is a picture of a happy man. 

Nothing better than Christmas in April :)

I know you remember the feeling you had unboxing your KK. Needed to experience that again but didn't need a third KK. I'm still riding a high.