• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
ckreef

WFO Installation Thread

I'm going to use this thread to document my WFO Installation for anyone interested. It'll probably get an update once or twice a week as progress is made. I'm guessing  this is going to take 4-6 weeks before we have ignition. Let's get started. 

I figured we need to start with a before picture for future comparison. 

OI1a.thumb.jpg.acf9a7369d560673e51e202e5b8fbd99.jpg

I scrounged around the yard and came up with some extra pavers. This should be enough for a small work area in front of the WFO. If I come up  short I could probably scrounge up a few more. 

OI1b.thumb.jpg.04cc736a8af6bc153a6ef1c081f77dd1.jpg

Removed a fence section and relocated Mrs skreef's rose bush. Just outside of that opening will be a 3' deep work area using the pavers from above. The WFO oven will sit behind that with a small counter top off to the side to put hot items on. 

OI1c.thumb.jpg.0b342153359ff384b7410d2174f95633.jpg

On Saturday we went by a large landscaping supplier. We have our building blocks picked out and will buy them towards the end of the week.

I do have an underground electrical cable (for the pond pump) that I need to dig up and reconfigure. In the end I'll have electricity out at the WFO. This is going to be a pain in the rear but it basically needs to happen before I can really move forward (hopefully next weekend). 

Stay tuned more to come. 

I will watch this thread and try to keep from impulse buying a 1500lb oven. I hope to add one down the road as part of a deck and patio expansion. You will certainly beat my projected complete date of 2022!

You scared the heck out of me. I am working on a project at work called WFO. I saw the title of this thread and had to check I wasn't back on our intranet. Your WFO looks a lot more fun than mine though.

12 hours ago, gotzero said:

I will watch this thread and try to keep from impulse buying a 1500lb oven. I hope to add one down the road as part of a deck and patio expansion. You will certainly beat my projected complete date of 2022!

I've wanted a WFO for a while now just never figured I would actually pull the trigger. Fortunately the stars aligned just right and a wee bit of money became available. This somewhat completes my grill purchasing. 

We have one more project - a screened in outdoor kitchen building. We priced this out and it would be up towards 10k so Yea we have a 2022 project also. 

12 hours ago, AntinOz said:

You scared the heck out of me. I am working on a project at work called WFO. I saw the title of this thread and had to check I wasn't back on our intranet. Your WFO looks a lot more fun than mine though.

Now that's funny. 

Looks really good buddy.  You of all people I would have expected to buy one.  You are the Mac daddy of pizza. 

Pm me your email we can discuss hydration and temps.  This is a whole new process cooking pizza in one of these ovens!!

7 hours ago, bosco said:

Looks really good buddy.  You of all people I would have expected to buy one.  You are the Mac daddy of pizza. 

Pm me your email we can discuss hydration and temps.  This is a whole new process cooking pizza in one of these ovens!!

TY bosco will send you a pm shortly. 

5 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

OK Sir Charles this isn't done yet?  What's the hold up?  We all know that you have vacation days, let's get'er done. 

I still have 4 weeks vacation left but I don't use vacation unless it's for multiple days at a time. 

I do have progress to post later this weekend. We're coming along, it's just a really big project for the amount of free time per week I don't have - LOL 

Stay tuned should have something to post tomorrow night. 

Went and picked up my building blocks this week. 16" x 8" x 4". 90 blocks per pallet. I really only needed 1 1/2 pallets but they had 2 nice wrapped pallets sitting there. I figure if I bought both pallets I could get a deal and I can always find a use for extra blocks in the future. Started talking to the man in charge about cutting me a deal, he was willing to play ball. I told him since he was cutting me a deal I'd write him a check instead of paying by debit card to save him the 3% processing fee. In return he didn't charge me sales tax. Win, Win all around. 2 pallets, 180 blocks, $450 total. Oh Yeah. At HD or Lowes this would have cost $700 + tax. 

BLOCKSa.thumb.jpg.ef8c815d989a231b0c36f0bf7f40cfe6.jpg

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow and it's going to rain all day Sunday. At the least this weekend I'll go buy what I need to reconfigure my electricity. We'll see what happens. 

I didn't have enough time after work today to get anything major accomplished but I did want to do a test fit of the blocks to see how everything fits in the alloted space. 

The front pavers will be set down in the ground flush with garden stones. 

The stone stand will be on a cement footer and obviously built up taller. The oven will sit on the left side with a wood storage area below. A slate (?) counter top will be on the right side. It will sit one or two courses shorter and measure approximately 30" x 40". There is a small storage area underneath for probably a kindling bin.

TFa.thumb.jpg.3cbe15a1d82aad8fb773ed9d0f05cb2b.jpg

Well it rained all day. Took the opportunity to go buy some parts. Got a 4"x4"x8' to give me two short fence poles. Also bought the electrical parts I need. This week coming up I should be able to set my fence poles, dig up and rebury my electrical run. I don't want to install the new electrical boxes or the fence pieces until I get the blocks and pavers set in place. 

Ea.thumb.jpg.64f31eb6a4b199715dee56906d0128fc.jpg

Went and bought my "counter top". Almost a perfect size, I'll have to cut 8"-12" off the far pointy end. Nice and rustic and no issues putting hot CI items down on it. Best part only $23 :)

CTa.thumb.jpg.117dd6d9fbabbd48adb6f0953a6bea87.jpg

Beech Tree Supply, Warner Robin's, GA. A totally awesome landscaping supply company, I'm just not into landscaping. Sounds like too much work to me - LOL 

BTa.thumb.jpg.96e25e14e5ddbfc4ccb39b7eef4553a7.jpg

BTb.thumb.jpg.db8e83e1bd4d4d05d9a907c5c3d94b78.jpg

BTc.thumb.jpg.464ff4d07036b96ea352e1f81fa970f1.jpg

BTd.thumb.jpg.51eb543feaee71b990116b53052bae0e.jpg

BTe.thumb.jpg.a3db149a8f92185b4351b4f330f485ae.jpg

BTf.thumb.jpg.f61b5b40b2b8d685a44a7cf4d304a6a9.jpg

BTg.thumb.jpg.9ad0464743e3fa193418c4a4bfa6c590.jpg

BTh.thumb.jpg.dd59e2afcb1c6e1eb8c74679e7286d9f.jpg

BTi.thumb.jpg.9e264eee4febec0ae6844fc6549098c8.jpg

BTj.thumb.jpg.ce5ebe945fb55d4ee102f9f3cdd373fc.jpg

BTk.thumb.jpg.92f1ed2bcff6c2cec53b703d9432f1fe.jpg