Roasting this little guy for 3 hours total at 350 degrees.  This is the end of hour 1.  Just flipped it over for breast-side down for a bit.  I'll update it as it cooks...

Salt/pepper on the outside, brined lemons and garlic inside.

20180408_162930.thumb.jpg.4928fdca619041182f656ae93597482e.jpg

10 minutes ago, mliebs said:

I love Duck, I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Same here.  I keep looking at them at the store, but they are pricey for just me to eat, as nobody else in the family will eat it.

I finally bit the bullet and picked one up as to purchase duck breast or legs here they are usually $6 each.  I can often find ducks on sale for about $10, which gives me 2 breasts, 2 legs (and they were easy to cut up) and a lot of duck fat too!!

After a bit more than 2 hours in.....starting brushing with a balsamic/lemon juice mixture.

Going to up the temp a bit as the skin is not getting as crispy as I would like...alway have this issue with the Keg...it is such a sealed environment.

20180408_174807.thumb.jpg.61229325228e72b68a66565828a87cff.jpg

Wow!  $30!!  I suppose they may be a lot bigger?  These are about 2 pounds and "utility grade" (for around $10 on sale, regular price is usually about $14)  Canadian $$.  Imported from Hungary.

Final cooked picture after about 3 hours and brought in to rest...in the last 30 min I mixed a little honey into the balsamic/lemon to glaze it a bit.  Was very happy with the taste/results.  Lots of work though to cook/carve.   Skin could have been crispier, but that has always been a problem in the Keg.  Such a moist environment that difficult to get a crispy skin on chicken etc.

20180408_182324.thumb.jpg.c0731f2b56a83464f03f9881fc963060.jpg

nice looking bird.

4 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

Skin could have been crispier, but that has always been a problem in the Keg.  Such a moist environment that difficult to get a crispy skin on chicken etc.

hmm that's interesting, @350° I'd assume that wouldn't be an issue.

19 hours ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Wow, that looks good.  Ducks are around $30 here.

Was out at lunch at found some "Grade A" ducks, and most were around the $24 mark...but also much larger than my $10 utility grade ones I've been using.

5 hours ago, SmallBBQr said:

Was out at lunch at found some "Grade A" ducks, and most were around the $24 mark...but also much larger than my $10 utility grade ones I've been using.

I am going to take a look at the size of them when I get back to the store.

Looks really good!  I love duck.  Cash and Carry has ducks for less than $2.50/lb. this week.  Going to have to pick up a few.