Sign in to follow this  
GLOCKer

Indoor Non-Grill Steak!

Cheap sirloin on sale (family pack for $14!!!).  I blade tenderized it and seasoned it heavily with Stubb's BBQ Rub.  Then it went into a frying pan full of melty butter for a searing, then into a 350 degree oven until it was at an internal temperature of 122 degrees.  After that I pulled it to let it rest, and served it with saute'ed mushrooms and onions from the same frying pan.  Served with a side of fries from the air-fryer.  Soooooooooo damn good! :-D  It was weird; after I sliced it in two to share with my wife, it didn't look very juicy, it had a very clean cut.  But damn was it juicy when I ate it!

30714855_10160515489750107_2343287886774

30706641_10160515496165107_5203257753667

There are some cooks/recipes that work out well-NOT on a grill. I have my mother's country style ribs in the oven recipe down pat. I was a cook by time and mythical "doneness" techniques cook until I got some temp probes.

I even make pie by temp, not by time, crust color follows suit-obviously not on the grill:).

M.