• Similar Content

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Farewell tour... the beef, beef, and more beef why do people show without RSVPing Central Texas Style cook

plate ribs on at 6:30, cooked at 275° – 283°, pulled at 1:30 at ~203°.

spinach, honeycrisp apples, cranberries, candied pecans, strawberriespepitas,

pulled cowboy steaks @ 137°...

somewhow missed the sweet potatoes and mac and cheese...

• By sylvester hut
      Ingredients
      600 g / 1.2 lb boneless ribeye
      2 tbsp vegetable oil , divided
      1 large onion sliced
      300 g / 10 oz mushrooms , sliced
      40 g / 3 tbsp butter
      2 tbsp flour
      2 cups / 500 ml beef broth low sodium
      1 tbsp Dijon mustard
      150 ml / 2/3 cup sour cream
      Salt and pepper to taste
      Steps
       Step 1
      Use  rolling pin  to flatten the steaks. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice into strips.
       Step 2
      Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over high heat. Spread the strips in the pan with tongs . Sear for 30 seconds on each side.  Quickly remove back onto the plate. Sear the beef in batches if needed.
       Step 3
      Turn heat down to medium high. Add butter, melt. Then add onions, cook for 1 minute, then add mushrooms. Cook mushrooms until golden. Scrape bottom of fry pan to get all the golden bits off. Add flour, cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
       Step 4
      Add half the broth while stirring Add the rest of the broth. Stir, then add sour cream and mustard. Stir until combined.
       Step 5
      Simmer for 3-5 minutes, add more salt and pepper to taste.
       Step 6
      Add beef back in. Simmer for 1 minute, then remove from stove immediately.
       Step 7
      Serve over egg noodles.
      Original recipe with pics and nutrition info you can find here: beefstroganoff Enjoy delicious and tasty beef!
    • By desertshore
      Hi everybody,
      I am a kamado quasi-neophyte (I've got a Monolith junior since last August), and after some experience with shorter cooks (chicken; ribs) I wanted to enroll into Brisket Academy. Unfortunately, it seems that I have failed the entry exam, as I couldn't explain to my butcher what I needed.
      In the end, I was talked into buying something that definitvely does not look like brisket to me, and I don't know how to cook. It seems something I would braise or boil, but according to the butcher I can cut it into strips and make 'asado'. It is boneless (but has some hard cartilage).

Apart for the idea of slicing strips and grilling them (that's not what I wanted), what could I do with this chunk of meat? How would you call it in English?

Thank you a lot!

• By Smokingdadbbq
      A little behind the scenes to my Instagram post. Sunday I smoked two small chuck roasts for about 4 hours at 250 

Then I put them in foil in beef broth and aromatics and let them braise for another four hours. 

After two hours FTC these were ready to serve. I fried up the onions and served on fresh buns with American cheddar, horseradish mayo and Au jus 

will deffinetly be doing this again 

• By elbatiger
      Ok folks I'm up against the wall. Tomorrow is our family reunion I had planned to cook - smoke two tri-tips, my butcher let me down... so I guess it will be pork again this year and be up half the night. Anyone have suggestions for beef that is comparable to tri-tip in tast, tenderness and time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ronny