12v_dub

Custom Cedar Table for Kamado Joe

Thanks for posting the plans for this, as I've decided to copy it with some brief modifications, I thought those legs said 3 1/2 ft at first, and cut the boards which would have been insanely tall.  I cut down to 2 ft 11 inches after.  I also used plain pressure treated and some exterior wood screws, so not nearly as fancy.  I stole an idea from another build and decided to leave the front open so I can remove the grill if need be.  Its not finished, but I hope to get the top 1 by's on today.  Thanks again for posting this, I hope you don't mind me stealing it.  Also your first two links are switched.  

IMG_2787.thumb.JPG.1fda734a809143a248fd63484dfbe76a.JPG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By burnt_ends
      Hi, I followed the steps in this video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qm-nm4Z7wA&t=15s
      and I my brisket turned out dry and dense. I'm hoping you can tell me where I went wrong:
      - ~5.5 lbs (pre-trimmed) of Prime Angus grain fed brisket point from https://shalhoob.com/butcher-shop - trimmed as much of the silver skin off as I could - trimmed off hard fat and tried to leave 1/8" to 1/4" of fat - seasoned 24 hours prior to cook with 50/50 coarse black pepper and kosher salt - used Kamado Joe lump charcoal and two medium chucks of mesquite hardwood - ambient outside temperature was low-mid 80s - waited until grill came up to temp and smoke was mostly clear before putting meat on - put meat on fat side down - cooked in Classic III using sloroller, on the lower level rack - cooked with water pan on grill - used Thermopro two probe digital thermometer (1 probe at grill level, 1 probe in thickest part of brisket) - grill temp ranged between 245-270, but mostly 250-260 - took ~6.5 hrs to get to 170 internal temp - wrapped in foil at 172 - took ~1.5 hrs to get to 203  - at ~203 a wood shish kabob skewer did go through meat, but still felt a little resistance. At this point I pulled it b/c I was concerned about over cooking - kept in foil, wrapped in towel, put in cooler for 1.5 hrs
      The brisket had bark and a smoke ring. Pencil thin slice passed pull test. But it was dry and dense.  The attached photos are from the day after the cook and the meat is cold.

Where do I go wrong?

Thanks!!

• By KamadoHop
      Thanks to @Kamadobjorn for the inspiration. The table is the “Applaro” Line. The hardware that you see in the last pictures all came from Hobby Lobby. The table comes with a thin, cheap pull bar and nothing else, not even knobs for the doors. The cooler pic is just for reference as that was what I was doing prior to getting the table. The last pic is sans hardware just the way it comes from IKEA. 

I used Lenox 18TPI metal jigsaw blades with an adjustable speed jigsaw set to its lowest setting to cut the hole. I used this edge trim from Amazon: Trim

If you have any other questions just ask. Cheers. 

• By buckleybj
      I accidentally bought a two pack of bonless pork shoulder from Costco. I have always used bone-in, so this is new to me. As I was preparing the butts trimming sinew, silver skin, hard fat, veins etc, I started also cutting portions of the butts into sections. I now have two 4 lb boneless butts and several large scraps.

This has provided me the opportunity to use the vertical spit I bought from Ceramicgrillstore.com a few months ago. I'm excited to say the least. 

I'll post picture of the meal later this afternoon when I build it get it going. Here are pics of what I ended up with after trimming and then the portions I will smoke overnight for pulled pork tomorrow.

• By buckleybj
      For a beautiful mid-week dinner I decided to pick up some cod from the local grocery store and roast some white new potatoes my wife picked up from the farmers market. 

I set the Big Joe up with a half-moon grate on the lower tier for the fish and then kept the other half at the higher tier for the potatoes. 

Brought the Big Joe up to 350 and had my stone dish getting to temp before adding the potatoes. Just before I got the the KJ going, I started soaking my cedar plank.

On the fish I mixed up a rub that I've used before:

1 tbs chopped parsley
      2 tsp olive oil
      1 tsp chopped garlic
      Salt and Pepper (I use a grinder for both of these, so probably a teaspoon or so of each)

That was enough for a light coating on 4 small cod filets and in the opinion of those who ate, was the perfect amount.

For the potatoes, I cut them in half and seasoned them with:

1/4 c olive oil
      3 tbs chopped parsley
      1 tbs toasted garlic and onion seasoning

Once the grill came to temp, I added the potatoes and let them cook for 20 minutes before adding the cedar plank fish.

The final result was fantastic which we paired with a spinach salad and a glass of chardonnay.

• By Big Biscuit
      Made some cod the other day on the KJ classic for me and my wife. It's a fairly simple and light meal for anyone watching their waistline. All I did was make two foil packets spray them down with some oil. Then I lined it with sliced onions, and tomatoes. After that I placed two pieces of cod loin which I've seasoned with some McCormick's Garden Vegetable on the veggies. Then tossed on some sliced lemons. Put them on the KJ and cooked till the cod hit an IT of 140°.