TopCat

24" Pit Boss from Costco UK (2018)

Hi, all!

I don't have a Kamado yet, having relied on a little Weber Q for about a decade. But I spotted this Pit Boss Kamado 24" ceramic grill/smoker at Costco Taiwan today for about $680US delivered. https://pitboss-grills.com/Shop-Pit-…/Grills/k24-blue-costco I'd love to buy it for my tiny balcony, and it looks like the price is coming down soon (after this long weekend which is our biggest "grilling holiday") so I need to decide soon before it's off the shelves.

I just need to check one thing: I get that it's 24" around the outer diameter, but can you please help me understand the extreme outer dimensions of it if I don't attach those side tables? (The tables definitely won't fit in the space on my balcony, but I'm hoping just the round "main body" will ... if I can just know the measurements of any "extra" brackets/screws/handles that are on the sides.)

Thanks so much! Really hoping it will work out!

@bko Here is a picture I took for another purpose, but it should help you as well, so the ceramic is 24" side to side and those ears the tables attach to are probably another inch and a half on either side.  I can't remember if you can easily remove those from the band.  The hinge probably sticked out 4 inches from the back of the grill and the handle is about 3 inches in the front. Hope that helps! 

IMG_0721.PNG

14 hours ago, Red River Smoke said:

@bko Here is a picture I took for another purpose, but it should help you as well, so the ceramic is 24" side to side and those ears the tables attach to are probably another inch and a half on either side.  I can't remember if you can easily remove those from the band.  The hinge probably sticked out 4 inches from the back of the grill and the handle is about 3 inches in the front. Hope that helps! 

Thanks to @Red River Smoke @m-fine for your quick answers! I think my clearance will be around 26-27", so if I can remove that side bracket completely, I'm golden! (The main culprit is this balcony faucet I have sticking out about 4": didn't think about it when I was renovating the place a decade ago, and is a thorn in my BBQ space ...) I'm going to visit Costco again today, now that I've done more detailed measurements of my balcony space, and just make sure it's all kosher before I drop money on it!

Fair point to @ShowMeSmoke about the weight on the balcony: we've got SR steel re-bar through concrete  in this building (rather than the wimpy wooden structures I had in my California balcony before), so we should be fine. (Neighbours routinely close up their balconies and then put their washer/dryer units there.)