Price for a NIB Series C no warranty

Smokin J

Hi gang! Found a new Series C for private sale. Current owners think it's worth $400.00? Currently sour I missed a high quality used one for $225.00. Apparently without the warranty people let them go for a very fair price. Thoughts from the community? Oh, here is a pic of the one I missed out on. Please don't rub it in. 

IMG_4528.JPG

Don't really know if that is worth it without a warranty. I bought my pro series c for 500 on clearance and that has the warranty. It also came with some nice accessories including a cover and deflector(lava) stone. To me that lifetime ceramic is worth an extra 100.... For 225, I would beat them up a bit over the price and feel like i won at 200. New in box or not, sans warranty I would call used! Unless you had the original receipt and the first owner never registered it. That would ultimately be up to Vision warranty people at that point. Perhaps you can call them prior to purchase and see if they would do that. If they would agree to that then I'd pull the trigger at 400. Good luck!

Thank you for getting back. I don't know the details and yes the warranty is a large part of the price. I could get one shipped from China if I really cared about price. Anyone ever look at Alibaba? Anyways, you make valid points. I'll keep the thread updated as my process progresses. Got an email that the 225 used grill above was sold. I knew it would. The deal was it was promised to a buyer for the weekend. If for some reason that buyer backed out it was going to be mine. I knew the buyer for that price was going to take it so I found another one. 

I love my new Vision Grill Diamond Cut Classic with Ash drawer. I was torn between a Vision C without Warranty for $400 or the Classic B with Warranty from Sam's for $549.  I went for the one with Warranty and I am glad that I did. My grill cooks great but it is not without some minor problems. The warranty has allowed me to get great customer service and I feel that this great customer service is like an insurance policy for years to come.

Beside some leaks that needed caulking, the other day, the hinge broke. The Grill is only 1 month old. I wrote to customer service and a new grill hinge is in the mail coming to my home this week.

I love the quick responsiveness of Vision Customer Service, whether it be a question or a problem. For me, the extra $149 was worth the price of the insurance.

I would not get one without a warranty. Ceramic is heavy and will break on occasion. While I was looking to get a kamado grill, I found another brand that was $50 cheaper with everything including a deflector stone. The drawback was it only had a1 year warranty. The Vision has a limited lifetime warranty.

Being retired I have to justify expenses to my bookkeeper ( my wife ). I really wanted a more expensive brand (KJ) but my Vision B cooks just as well. The only problem I've had is finding the time to put the cover back on it. :)

At that price I would buy the B series at Sam's new for just a little more.  I think the B series is better since it has the classic kamado controls instead of of the dials.  I looked at a ton of kamado's including the different vision series and I think the B series, purchased new, is the best value on the market.

I decided to do it against better judgement of my peers. Very pleased with the quality and finish of everything. One quick note to mention was they forgot to include 2 cap nuts for the shelves. I did get the washers though. From what I've personally seen I won't be using the shelves anyways. They simply look horrible very quickly. Picked it up last weekend from a man that received it for a wedding gift. If there is a vision rep I watching. I did take it out of the box and everything was brand new please give me a warranty!

IMG_4581.JPG

You may be able to get a warranty if you can explain to Vision that you received it as a gift. It is new and looks good. Enjoy you new Vision and I hope the warranty thing works out for you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 8:18 AM, Smokin J said:

I decided to do it against better judgement of my peers. Very pleased with the quality and finish of everything. One quick note to mention was they forgot to include 2 cap nuts for the shelves. I did get the washers though. From what I've personally seen I won't be using the shelves anyways. They simply look horrible very quickly. Picked it up last weekend from a man that received it for a wedding gift. If there is a vision rep I watching. I did take it out of the box and everything was brand new please give me a warranty!

IMG_4581.JPG

Howdy and ya you need the side shelves find some nuts that will work really worth it. Herman :good: 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! Recently got the same barely used from a friend. Love it although I have had to fix some leaks with the ash drawer assembly. Check the following:

• Between the gaskets that the drawer lands on and the ceramic body. I ran a bead of high temp silicon around the whole thing.
  • Between the starter lid and drawer body. The hinge on mine holds the flap out much further than the gasket is deep so there is a really big gap. I removed the flap and cut a sheet of "magnetic chalkboard" to fit. Works great.
  • Between the dials and the drawer body. The dials are held against the body by compression springs on the back side. The nuts on mine needed to be tightened a bit to really hold the dials tight.

Enjoy!

Herman the shelves and cart are in the cardboard box to the right. It was brand new out of the box. I just packed it as lazy as I could when I picked it up. Herman so far so good with the air leaks. Waiting mostly for the top vent to get some buildup. Some smoke still escapes when I have it completely shut down. Other than that I'm very happy. Was nervous but I tried Franklin's BBq rips for ribs. Ie. cooking at 275 for 2hrs and then wrapped in foil for another 2 at the same temp. Turned out really really good. One friend said he hadn't had ribs like that since the 70's. Best compliment yet. 

IMG_4774.PNG

IMG_4775.PNG