Leaving lid open

I would make sure that the coals are out. If you open the vents that would add air flow. I never have thought about mold. I put the cover on the next day and leave it till next use. Never had a prob.

I've never had a problem with mold but then I live in So / Lo-Cal and we don't have such problems down here. I would not store mine open unless your talking about some kind of shim or spacer that keeps the lid just slightly open. I would want to keep the weight of the lid forward so there wouldn't be any chance of it opening on it's own  and possible causing the kamado it fall backwards.

My $.02

I have had mold issues on my old Grill Dome in the past but it was generally because I would forget to open the vents back up after the cool-down and would not use it for several weeks.  It is in a detached garage so leaving the vents wide open is not a problem.  My Akorn jr is under and awning and I do the same, may still have some minor mold if you leave food residue on the grates and the weather is really humid like it always is in NWFL.

https://www.grillbilliesbarbecue.com/blogs/how-tos/56250049-how-to-prevent-mold-on-my-smoker-or-grill

Edited by PennHead

I've got  a Kamado Joe and live in South Florida, mold capital of the US.  When I finish cooking I just shut all the vents, top and bottom, and walk away.  I've left it in this state for a few weeks between cooks and haven't had a mold problem.  I've been doing this since I got it 5 months ago.  The KJ is kept on a concrete porch which is covered by a roof, so the grill never gets rained on.  The grill does get a good amount of sun in the morning so maybe that helps keep it warm and dry.