Donnie

Talk me into a $1,024 XL BGE or a $1,800 Kamado Joe Big Joe!

15 hours ago, Donnie said:

It looks like I have been shopping the higher price point people for the KJ. I know I will be perfectly happy with either! The new gasket is the main selling point for me. How is that holding up? 

Have had mine for 11 months and 6 days, not that I’m counting or anything, and love it.  The gasket is holding up just fine.

3 hours ago, adam319 said:

Ceramic grill store is saying that they beat the road show price right now. May want to give them a call and talk directly

For pickup, yes.  It's on the home page banner.  :)  

Bit of a drive from FL though, but certainly worth a call regarding shipping prices.  

Another option may be to call a local dealer and ask them to price match the costco price.  I did that and the dealer agreed but didnt have a grill at the time.  Worth a shot!

What is the Costco price for the Classic II? I am in NC and missed out on the roadshow in Durham, NC the past two weeks. I think the Costco in Charlotte, NC has a roadshow going on now. Cheapest I could find is Amazon delivered with no tax for $1199.00

Another one to look at is the Weber Summit charcoal.  Rivals the performance of the ceramics with similar bells and whistles.  

10 hours ago, Smoke@NC said:

What is the Costco price for the Classic II? I am in NC and missed out on the roadshow in Durham, NC the past two weeks. I think the Costco in Charlotte, NC has a roadshow going on now. Cheapest I could find is Amazon delivered with no tax for $1199.00

I was just at Costco And they were having a KJ Roadshow. I believe the classic was going for $979.99. (In SoCal)

There is nothing making a BGE or KJ worth 3 times as much as a Pit Boss.  The Pit Boss will grill as hot, smoke as slow, consume exactly as much charcoal, turn out food tasting the same and leave at least $1000 in your pocket.  Take a deep breath and say, "I'm thinking about spending $1800 on a fancy flower pot" Repeat until sanity returns...

And thus why these threads always degrade into brand bashing and end up getting locked.  Everyone has there opinions and expectations of quality and getting the best bang for their buck.  The OP asked for opinions on two options (brands) not what someone bought and why they think it's better and their foolish if they spend x number of dollars more on their choice.  Let's get back on topic and answer the question he asked.

16 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

And thus why these threads always degrade into brand bashing and end up getting locked.  Everyone has there opinions and expectations of quality and getting the best bang for their buck.  The OP asked for opinions on two options (brands) not what someone bought and why they think it's better and their foolish if they spend x number of dollars more on their choice.  Let's get back on topic and answer the question he asked.

This is a danger in all forums.... True the OP wanted opinions on 2 brands but 

18 hours ago, scdaf said:

Take a deep breath and say, "I'm thinking about spending $1800 on a fancy flower pot" Repeat until sanity returns...

Is a very good point............. I'm not brand bashing or saying that the OP is wrong in disregarding the cheaper brands its their money and they will get lots of really good food out of whatever Kamado they buy. 

I’ve looked at the BGE & KJ side by side at my local Kitchen & Company store, no comparison for me, I prefer the KJ. I really want a KJ, especially a Big Joe but pricing seems to be the same (msrp or map?) wherever I look. It’s expensive especially when compared to a Vision but I feel it’s worth it. No road shows in sight for me in NH & not many dealers that are willing to work on price or even have stock so If I can find a deal I’ll buy the KJ but if not for the money the Vision is looking pretty good. Buy the grill you really want now so you don’t wish you did later is the best advice I can give. 

On 5/4/2018 at 11:05 AM, ImYoungxD said:

https://texasstargrillshop.com/collections/shop-all-grills/products/kamado-joe-big-joe-ii

At the Contact Info/Shipping Address page, put in "SPRINGSALE" in the discount area.

Thanks to your link I was able to get the Kamado Joe Big Joe (2017 Edition) shipped to me in FL for $1,599 out the door, no tax, no shipping! They don't even advertise this on their website. I called them because they had a package deal with a free cover for the classic joe so I wanted to see if they had something similar for the Big Joe. Her reply was " we sell it in store for $1,599" and was able to ship it for free over the phone! I can't thank you enough for your link because I was about to drop $1,899 at bbqguys.com! Happy Monday and I'm so excited for my Big Joe to arrive later this week! I fee like a kid waiting for Christmas to arrive! 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:53 PM, Jsk0703 said:

Another one to look at is the Weber Summit charcoal.  Rivals the performance of the ceramics with similar bells and whistles.  

I looked into these but ultimately decided on the Big Joe after getting one hell of deal for $1,599 with the cart out the door. 

2 hours ago, Fishwater said:

I’ve looked at the BGE & KJ side by side at my local Kitchen & Company store, no comparison for me, I prefer the KJ. I really want a KJ, especially a Big Joe but pricing seems to be the same (msrp or map?) wherever I look. It’s expensive especially when compared to a Vision but I feel it’s worth it. No road shows in sight for me in NH & not many dealers that are willing to work on price or even have stock so If I can find a deal I’ll buy the KJ but if not for the money the Vision is looking pretty good. Buy the grill you really want now so you don’t wish you did later is the best advice I can give. 

I agree with your last statement and pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon!