First cook on the cast iron griddle

I recently treated myself to a cast iron plancha/griddle for my Monolith. Today I did the first cook with it, after seasoning it. 

The griddle was heated up to around 550 (dome temp), and then a nice Cote de Boeuf went on for about 4 minutes a side:

Cote1.thumb.JPG.0e8ad42b1b2fb709f835280c2f6eed28.JPG

This then got about another 10 minutes (indirect) at about 300 in the gasser (where I had some potatoes baking) and then I griddled some Aubergine and Courgette slices which had been brushed with EVO and seasoned. I also did Asparagus the same way (but as this had been steamed for a few minutes then it went on later).

Cote2.thumb.JPG.d6a762223583f8b8a64d445acc4874ab.JPGThe

The beef was wrapped and rested for a further 10 minutes, and was wonderful - nice and rare with a beautiful sear/crust on it (sorry no more pictures, my hunger took over !)

The Aubergine and courgette were a bit greasy for my taste - I think they soaked up the fat that had come off the beef. The Asparagus was spot on.

Overall I'm really pleased with the griddle - it certainly retains the heat once up to temperature.  It's reversible so I have a nice flat Plancha on the other side ready to try some other favourites over the coming days !