What to do with hot deflector plate

Hello all,

I was just wandering what people do with their hot deflector plates when removing them in order to crank up the grill for searing. I've been placing mine on a cement area below my grill, but this isn't ideal for various reasons. I'm also going to be building a table in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on anything I can add to that for this scenario. Thanks!

Justin

10 minutes ago, jhowardwilliams said:

Hello all,

I was just wandering what people do with their hot deflector plates when removing them in order to crank up the grill for searing. I've been placing mine on a cement area below my grill, but this isn't ideal for various reasons. I'm also going to be building a table in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on anything I can add to that for this scenario. Thanks!

Justin

I kept my gas grill so that I had a place for it.

2 hours ago, AZMDTed said:

https://www.amazon.com/Grate-Rack-Kamado-Joe-Big/dp/B00TFYS7P2

I have two grate racks that I use now in lieu of sitting them on my pavers if I have to take them out while they're still hot.

^ this.

These racks are inexpensive and handy, especially for hot heat deflectors. I have two, one on each side of my KJC.