I would be tempted to say that is a double weave, the hash browns are almost a free form weave!

I'm reading this coming up to lunch time and I so want quiche for lunch now.

Looks great, my family loves a good quiche, that is a great idea for a crust!

And I'm imagining your mother walking into to the brunch, and placing that down amongst the crescent rolls with cheese, deviled eggs etc., 'oh its just a little dish my son whipped up...' :)

1 hour ago, skreef said:

I love quiche. Especially with bacon or ham and you had both. Love the cast iron for this cook too. Grew up having this to be our main cooking equipment. They just work with alot of cooks like this. Great Entry @Panchango

Thanks.  I wish I could use it more, but currently have a glass top stove.  Cast iron and carbon steel are relegated to the oven or grill until I can update things.  The quiche was good, but with both the ham and bacon it was a little on the salty side. 

45 minutes ago, AntinOz said:

I would be tempted to say that is a double weave, the hash browns are almost a free form weave!

I'm reading this coming up to lunch time and I so want quiche for lunch now.

I think I want some too and it's 10 PM here :)

35 minutes ago, O C said:

Looks great, my family loves a good quiche, that is a great idea for a crust!

And I'm imagining your mother walking into to the brunch, and placing that down amongst the crescent rolls with cheese, deviled eggs etc., 'oh its just a little dish my son whipped up...' :)

Thanks.  She was nice enough to save me a piece and I was happy to have it.  :)

4 minutes ago, skreef said:

Whick ham you use? A breakfast ham? Which has some salt... But I love salt.. I dont eat as much now, but love it the same.. Ketchup would be good on that. 

It was a dinner ham steak from Aldi.