12v_dub

Custom Cedar Cart Table for Kamado Joe J.r

Absolutely gorgeous, sir.  If I may ask, how top heavy is the table for the Jr?  For example, would you feel comfortable rolling it around on a wooden deck?

WOW! WOW! WOW!  So incredibly well designed and made ... and absolutely gorgeous finished products.  I wish we had such skills in my household!  LOL I'm very impressed with what you've built and you should be very, very proud.  All obviously made with a great amount of love and care.  Just beautiful.  You Sir, are the woodworking boss! :respect:

PS: and you have a very beautiful lawn ... is that real turf? LOL

6 hours ago, khsBama said:

Absolutely gorgeous, sir.  If I may ask, how top heavy is the table for the Jr?  For example, would you feel comfortable rolling it around on a wooden deck?

Thank you. It's not really top heavy and rolling it across the deck i would just be more careful due to decking flooring. 

4 hours ago, Lydia said:

WOW! WOW! WOW!  So incredibly well designed and made ... and absolutely gorgeous finished products.  I wish we had such skills in my household!  LOL I'm very impressed with what you've built and you should be very, very proud.  All obviously made with a great amount of love and care.  Just beautiful.  You Sir, are the woodworking boss! :respect:

PS: and you have a very beautiful lawn ... is that real turf? LOL

Thanks Lydia for kind words. It definitely gives me a smile each and every time i get around to grill and admire the overall setup both the grills and tables. I'm thankful I work at a wood shop with an access to a lot of different machine and tools to make the work easier and more professional looking. 

Lawn in real lol. It's a bermuda turf 

25 minutes ago, 12v_dub said:

Thanks Lydia for kind words. It definitely gives me a smile each and every time i get around to grill and admire the overall setup both the grills and tables. I'm thankful I work at a wood shop with an access to a lot of different machine and tools to make the work easier and more professional looking. 

Lawn in real lol. It's a bermuda turf 

• You're welcome. Thank you for sharing the possibilities of beautiful craftsmanship ... but i have to say, now I'm totally jealous about your real turf!! I"m going to have to speak to my hubby about that. LOL :-)

On 5/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, 12v_dub said:

I have moved the small table outside yesterday and joined it with the big table. Notice, I have made the small cart 1" - 2" shorter. Custom Covers from grillwraps are coming next week, so far I have temp. blue tarps.

On 5/26/2018 at 10:19 PM, 12v_dub said:

IMG_2443.jpg

Some mighty fine skills there Mr Dub, I am curious though....

Is that a Hills Hoist in the neighbours yard?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_Hoist

:-D

On 5/18/2018 at 7:31 AM, 12v_dub said:

IMG_2299.jpg

For someone who doesn't have access to an awesome Festool domino tool, what else would you recommend for joinery?

56 minutes ago, khsBama said:

For someone who doesn't have access to an awesome Festool domino tool, what else would you recommend for joinery?

I would highly recommend going with Kreg pocket screw system which you can buy at home depot for cheap if you wants all of your fasteners hidden from inside of the table.