Bgosnell151

Had some fun today with some steak and potatoes

29 minutes ago, Bgosnell151 said:

Cooked a nice 2 1/2 thick steak indirectly at 275 until it reached 220 IT.  I also had the potatoes on the indirect side of the grill.  Once it hit 220, I cranked up the grill to about 550 and gave it a good sear.

A4D085DD-E527-4195-A69E-6A56630D5663.jpeg

3E19C2BF-1368-4E32-98F6-D2F08436182F.jpeg

That's a really nice looking steak and I am glad that you did not cook it to 220F.  It would have been well beyond burnt.. :) 

47 minutes ago, Smoke and Awe said:

Oh boy, I want to reach in and smash those potatoes!  Love the crust on your steak.  

The crust was good, but the pic may be aided by the Hardcore Carnivore Black rub.  I really love that rub on steak.

21 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

Looking good!  Love how you can tell where the steak was surrounded by the potatoes for the slow ride up to temp prior to searing. :)

I really need a Big Joe or a nice big KK so I can get more on there.  That was a tight squeeze.

53 minutes ago, KismetKamado said:

You know. @Bgosnell151... you are doing the exact same thing I was a year ago... I’ve noticed all your comments recently. Reminds me of me.  Lol. I am getting a kick out of it. Think we should start a poll as to when you’re going to pull the trigger....

I need to get other ventures moving to make it happen... and life has been getting in the way of me cooking lately.

16 hours ago, Bgosnell151 said:

yup, 120.  How in the world do I edit that?

I fixed it for you. You should be able to edit your own posts for a certain amount of time. After that, you’re not able to I think. I don’t know the specifics, but it’s corrected now so you don’t have to worry about anyone cremating their steak and cursing your name. :)