21 hours ago, BilboQ said:

Yes, I did have some pleasant conversations with customer support via e-mail. I sent him the same pictures. If this doesn't solve the problem, I'll see if he'll send me a new gasket.

You wont be sorry to get another gasket. Since I got I got mine my Kamado works properly (now a new learning curve) to smoke with an air tight unit that you can control and it doesn't run away.I smoked some ribs for 6 hours and they came out great.

20180617_200456.jpg

6 hours ago, Herman Munster said:

You wont be sorry to get another gasket. Since I got I got mine my Kamado works properly (now a new learning curve) to smoke with an air tight unit that you can control and it doesn't run away.I smoked some ribs for 6 hours and they came out great.

Hey Herman, so are you using two gaskets together or did you replace the old one?

It will completely depend on the gasket that is on their now. Dry fit the the new one and see if it will fit around the old and then if the cap will go back on. If so, that is the path i would take. Some gaskets are thin some are thick and others are very dense. Remember the object is to remediate that particular air leak. So you can then move on to your next one ;-p.

19 minutes ago, Herman Munster said:

Used the 2 gaskets together 

The gasket arrived this afternoon and I installed it. It looks as though I have a good seal now. I'm letting the silicone set up then try a low and slow cook sometime this weekend.

Happy Canada Day weekend!

Bill

On 6/29/2018 at 4:48 PM, BilboQ said:

The gasket arrived this afternoon and I installed it. It looks as though I have a good seal now. I'm letting the silicone set up then try a low and slow cook sometime this weekend.

Happy Canada Day weekend!

Bill

Happy Canada Day Bill . I just cleaned the gasket that was already on there put some silicone on it and placed the new one on and let it set-up ( it made a world of difference) no problem to go low and slow now. Herman :good: 

2 hours ago, Herman Munster said:

I just cleaned the gasket that was already on there put some silicone on it and placed the new one on and let it set-up

That's exactly what I did too. I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday with no problems holding the temperature in the 230° - 235° range.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:01 AM, BilboQ said:

That's exactly what I did too. I cooked a couple of racks of ribs yesterday with no problems holding the temperature in the 230° - 235° range.

oh ya success .Herman :good: