freddyjbbq

Grillgate Griddle?

What's up gurus anyone use/have advice for grill grate griddle?

Been wanting another gasser & scored a nice one $50 marketplace.  Replaces flavorizer bars, added the grill grates that I never use & bought the griddle $25

My Mrs is a frequent sous-vide cooker & think this will make for some easy searing.  Thoughts?

20180516_071632.jpg

20180516_080718.jpg

Awesome!  I run a very similar setup on my gasser. It is super handy. I think you are really going to like it. The heat does transfer across everything if they are connected so just keep that in mind as you could end up running hotter than you want if you’re grilling something super hot on the grill side. Get them seasoned up and put them to work. :)

22 hours ago, KismetKamado said:

Awesome!  I run a very similar setup on my gasser. It is super handy. I think you are really going to like it. The heat does transfer across everything if they are connected so just keep that in mind as you could end up running hotter than you want if you’re grilling something super hot on the grill side. Get them seasoned up and put them to work. :)

Thanks kk that's good to know, I bought the GG's for my classic & Junior but haven't used then in a very long time.

Looking forward to trying it the griddle though 

I have some GrilleGrates, but not the griddle. I typically use the grates inverted for searing so they are flat, so I'm not really sure what value the griddle adds, except for runny things like eggs or pancakes. Do you think the griddle would make a difference for searing?

4 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I have some GrilleGrates, but not the griddle. I typically use the grates inverted for searing so they are flat, so I'm not really sure what value the griddle adds, except for runny things like eggs or pancakes. Do you think the griddle would make a difference for searing?

make a difference between the flat side of the grill grates and the griddle?  nah, i dont see how it really could, they seem way too similar to me.  reason i bought it was that the gasser grates needed replacing anyway and i already had 1/2 the amount of grill grates needed so i decided to try out the griddle.  truth-be-told though, i see it as a lower-maintenance alternative to the CI Griddle and soapstone if it works out as well.  we shall see

2 hours ago, Beermachine said:

I received my KJ Classic in August 2015. I have not fired up my gasser since.

same.  got my first kamado in 2013 and gave away my awesome weber gensis silver b to my sister.  it was a 3 burner and didnt see any use by my sister needed one and loves it.

fast-forward to 2018, a lot of weekday sous-vide salmon & chicken & kids sports and activities 7 days/week this 2 burner should see some convenience use.  i'm also thinking that it might see some action in a reverse sear or 2

On 5/17/2018 at 7:27 AM, freddyjbbq said:

What's up gurus anyone use/have advice for grill grate griddle?

Been wanting another gasser & scored a nice one $50 marketplace.  Replaces flavorizer bars, added the grill grates that I never use & bought the griddle $25

My Mrs is a frequent sous-vide cooker & think this will make for some easy searing.  Thoughts?

20180516_071632.jpg

20180516_080718.jpg

2019 update!

i love this griddle! Heats quickly, cools quickly, no seasoning and SIMPLE to clean; & all for $25.00

it fits perfectly on my Traeger Ranger and fits/works on all of my grills.

great purchase!

8 hours ago, gotzero said:

The griddle (in our case Blackstone) changed our weeknight cooking life (and weekend breakfasts). I bet you will find a ton of reasons to use it!

Sous vide and high heat sear is a constant hit here.

Agree.  I bought that gasser from Craig’s list and griddle so that my wife could sear her sous vide outside & not set of the smoke alarms inside.

super easy to clean & store.  I had (and loved) the kJ CI griddle but I’m lazy and find this device much easier to clean, maintain & store