Saw it at my local Walmart. But ended up with the usual RO because of the reviews on the whiz. They had tags for the B&B brand as well but were unfortunately out of it. 

1 hour ago, St1brew said:

Saw it at my local Walmart. But ended up with the usual RO because of the reviews on the whiz. They had tags for the B&B brand as well but were unfortunately out of it. 

You really can't go by most reviews on the Naked Wiz. Most of the reviews are years old. Lump manufacturers get new sources of raw wood all the time. For only $10 a bag you should have bought a bag. Then you could have given us a review. I would listen to your honest opinion long before I would ever check Naked Wiz. 

Since it's $10 I will pick up a bag or two tomorrow. I got B&B when I first bought my grill and the very first cook (steak) seemed way too smoky. I am not certain what the actual problem was, but I never finished that bag of B&B and switched to RO. I'll give this a shot on something tomorrow and unless it is crazy bad for some reason I will probably stock up a little bit. Hard to beat that price. 

4 minutes ago, DrunkenMeatFist said:

Since it's $10 I will pick up a bag or two tomorrow. I got B&B when I first bought my grill and the very first cook (steak) seemed way too smoky. I am not certain what the actual problem was, but I never finished that bag of B&B and switched to RO. I'll give this a shot on something tomorrow and unless it is crazy bad for some reason I will probably stock up a little bit. Hard to beat that price. 

Let us know what you think compared to RO. 

I grabbed five bags yesterday.  Haven't had a chance to light it, but looks good so far.  Feels more dense than RO.  Has no discernible odor.  As you can see from the pictures fairly large chunk size,  but also a fair amount of "dust".  Worst-case scenario, I've got $.33/ lb fuel to do cast-iron chili ,  stews and high temp pizzas.  And, if it turns out to be really bad,  $.33/lb  isn't bad for  high temp cleanouts. 

IMG_3480.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3486.JPG

I went ahead and grabbed a bag today. I was extra lazy today because I went a little too hard last night. I didn't clear out the firebox, I just moved the old RO lump around to get the small pieces and ash to fall into the drawer and piled some of this new stuff on top of that. Smoked a rack of STL ribs and I didn't notice any discernible difference from when I use RO. It lit the same, I didn't have any problems holding the temp, and there was no difference in the taste of the ribs. 

There were plenty of good sized chunks in the bag. But I did notice a few cylindrical pieces that I haven't seen in RO. Since there was nothing crazy that jumped out at me I will probably go back tomorrow and grab another 4-5 bags. Hope today wasn't a fluke or my head wasn't clear because of last night. Basically cut the price of fuel in half with this stuff. Maybe someone more capable can provice a more comprehensive review.