3 hours ago, Marbque said:

Have been using some for a while and besides the sparking when lighting(I get up close and personal with the torch) this lump is definitely nice to have around at this price, 25 bags have been stashed for the frequent cooks that happen here....

Where are you finding them in northern IL? Every store I've checked (online) says out of stock from O'hare to Elgin.

I'd like to pick up a couple more bags to stash for winter cooks.

5 minutes ago, mbellot said:

Where are you finding them in northern IL? Every store I've checked (online) says out of stock from O'hare to Elgin.

Walmart in Belvidere has big skid of them

43 minutes ago, mbellot said:

Just picked up 10 more bags here is picture from 5 minutes ago I am still in parking lot 

448ABF79-7CD1-4516-A564-AA2CBB3CB0E7.jpeg

11 hours ago, Marbque said:

Walmart in Belvidere has big skid of them

A bit further than I'd like to drive for just charcoal, but maybe in a couple weeks when I go to drop the kid off at UMN.

Thanks for the heads up!

7 hours ago, mbellot said:

A bit further than I'd like to drive for just charcoal, but maybe in a couple weeks when I go to drop the kid off at UMN.

Thanks for the heads up!

What I have noticed is the stores have them in stock but it says out of stock online

7 hours ago, mbellot said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Seeing as how you are a part of this awesome forum, if need be we can get you some lump if you want some. Let me know if you can’t find any and are wanting me to pick up a couple of bags for you. I travel to Elk Grove Village daily for work we can meet somewhere along the way. 

2 hours ago, Marbque said:

Seeing as how you are a part of this awesome forum, if need be we can get you some lump if you want some. Let me know if you can’t find any and are wanting me to pick up a couple of bags for you. I travel to Elk Grove Village daily for work we can meet somewhere along the way. 

That is very nice of you. I actually live near EGV but work in Elgin. I can't imagine driving from Belvidere into EGV every day, the commute must be a pain unless you are outside of rush hour.

I haven't actually gone to any stores, I usually avoid Walmart at all costs. But if you're saying the stores have them even when it says they are out of stock I may need to suck it up and go into a couple close ones.

If I totally strike out I might have to take you up on your offer.

:good:

My local WM, Arnold, MO, has at least 5 full pallets on the high shelf, still $7.88.

A gal working in that area said it might get marked down again the first part of August, so I'm holding off for now.

10 hours ago, mbellot said:

That is very nice of you. I actually live near EGV but work in Elgin. I can't imagine driving from Belvidere into EGV every day, the commute must be a pain unless you are outside of rush hour.

I haven't actually gone to any stores, I usually avoid Walmart at all costs. But if you're saying the stores have them even when it says they are out of stock I may need to suck it up and go into a couple close ones.

If I totally strike out I might have to take you up on your offer.

:good:

Just let me know if you need me to get you some and I will. The ride is no big deal at this point. I have 228K on my car that I purchased in July of 2012. I know as I get older the ride will be a problem

I've been though about 10 bags and only had one that I though was a bad lot, the rest have had very nice and large chunks. Lights quickly and seems to last a great buy for the money.

My local WM finally dropped the price to five bucks a bag, I picked up one to try it for myself.

They still have 6 full pallets and a lot of the bags on the floor are getting torn open from moving it around. I've heard that some stores have dropped it to $3 per bag, not around here though.30063963568_5494a4712f.jpg