12v_dub

Bird on a Joetisserie

Drove to Atlanta Grill Co and picked me up a Joetisserie and their new ash basket. Seasoned the bird with some garlic and herb seasoning and grilled it for 1 hr and 45 mins right around 350 degrees. 

Chicken came out great which I pair with some roasted sprouts with garlic. I love the design of the ring how it keeps the lid pretty sealed when closed. One thing that could be updated is some seal on the side of the grill where the rod goes thru to prevent leaks from it. I'm very happy with the purchase and AGC is a great place to deal with. 

Some pics.... 

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2327.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

I love chicken on the kamado. And even more on the joetisserie. Nice looking bird. Does that Joe basket come with something to lift the basket out of the Firebox to shake? I don't see any large handles on it to lift it out  with your hands. Or do you just use those little rings with your fingers to lift it up to shake?

33 minutes ago, Ron5850 said:

I love chicken on the kamado. And even more on the joetisserie. Nice looking bird. Does that Joe basket come with something to lift the basket out of the Firebox to shake? I don't see any large handles on it to lift it out  with your hands. Or do you just use those little rings with your fingers to lift it up to shake?

I haven't shaken out any old ashes yet, but I believe u just grab it by those hooks. It's a very solid piece and pretty heavy too.