squatchout

Anyone make some sort of canopy or small shelter?

Thinking of buying or maybe making some sort of grill canopy/gazebo to somewhat cover the grill and table it's in from rain so I can cook any time. What are you guys using for something along these lines?

5 hours ago, squatchout said:

Thinking of buying or maybe making some sort of grill canopy/gazebo to somewhat cover the grill and table it's in from rain so I can cook any time. What are you guys using for something along these lines?

You can build a small trellis overhang. 2 posts, with 2x8 beams running parallel and then same size material or smaller as a cross members. Homedepot or lowes sells sheets that are transparent that can be added on top for rain 

When you live in the PNW you have to have some kind of shelter to grill/smoke in.   This summer I will have the table done and the back wall tiled and it will be finished.  The barrel is actually a sink with extra counter space for when needed.  When blizzard conditions are predicted, it has a roll down canvas cover and does a good job of keeping out the blowing snow.P1010571.thumb.JPG.80a80fd4e52dd7308e19be362cd17686.JPG

1 hour ago, 3547fl said:

It's really up to the area you live in on what can be done. In a subdivision it gets to be a bit harder. Out in the country anything goes. 

807050735_IMG_2023(Large).thumb.JPG.9a1972b047d2304f37ad1995b12d1838.JPG

Dude, that is awesome!

29 minutes ago, prowe said:

If you want to look up some old AndyS posts, as I recall, he had a pretty mint setup. 

AndyS does have a nice setup..

1 hour ago, 3547fl said:

AndyS does have a nice setup..

So do you. I would love to chill and cook some dead animal in that sweet joint. And of course...eat some dead animal.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:39 PM, prowe said:

So do you. I would love to chill and cook some dead animal in that sweet joint. And of course...eat some dead animal.

Dead animal too funny. LOL Herman :lol:

What kind of clearance do I need above the KJ so the heat won't melt vinyl siding? I have a deck in the back which is covered and roughly 8 feet high I was wondering about putting the cage a underneath it. What are your thoughts?