ckreef

Nothing but WFO money!

54 minutes ago, freddyjbbq said:

Awwww Hell!!!!

Looks like another backyard cooking device!! On the plus side the Wife will be an easy sell since she's asked me to build one.

So who's the maker?

Edited by Tex

13 minutes ago, Tex said:

Awwww Hell!!!!

Looks like another backyard cooking device!! On the plus side the Wife will be an easy sell since she's asked me to build one.

So who's the maker?

the interior of the oven caught my eye as well with the bricks.  i would love to one day build my own WFO and have looked into it.  this looks like a great build.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:28 PM, ckreef said:

So me and Mrs skreef took a weeks vacation to finish a large indoor project. This morning that project basically came to a finish at around 11:30 am. Yea close enough to 12 o'clock somewhere. I fired up the raspberry/peach Sangria and the WFO. 

rps.thumb.jpg.f5f089ca9cd69a0be8fddd1c95465b66.jpg

Work has been  bugging me to cook something in the WFO for them. Blueberry pie stuffed peaches. 3 office ladies and 3 mechanics today. Plus 4 for us at home. Yummy. 

wfop.thumb.jpg.703a524c4bebc45194ff32027dca3752.jpg

I also cooked some chicken in the WFO as practice for next month's challenge. 

Is there a recipe you can share for those blueberry pie stuffed peaches?! My family would LOVE those! Two of their favorite fruits. The others are strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, oranges, pineapple...last night we went to the grocery and we asked them what they wanted, they said "fruit...all of it".

That lasagna (another post) looks so good! It all looks good :)

15 hours ago, O C said:

Is there a recipe you can share for those blueberry pie stuffed peaches?! My family would LOVE those! Two of their favorite fruits. The others are strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, apples, oranges, pineapple...last night we went to the grocery and we asked them what they wanted, they said "fruit...all of it".

That lasagna (another post) looks so good! It all looks good :)

i also would like to try this.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:38 PM, Tex said:

Awwww Hell!!!!

So who's the maker?

I got it from 

https://authenticpizzaovens.com/

It was handmade in Portugal and came fully assembled. With the stone finish I have the final weight is about 1800 lbs. So you just need a way to lift it into place. 

On 1/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, O C said:

Is there a recipe you can share for those blueberry pie stuffed peaches?! 

On 1/9/2019 at 11:07 AM, freddyjbbq said:

i also would like to try this.

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

I got it from 

https://authenticpizzaovens.com/

It was handmade in Portugal and came fully assembled. With the stone finish I have the final weight is about 1800 lbs. So you just need a way to lift it into place. 

Yikes!!!

That would be a sumbitch to get in the backyard!!!

Wonder if the neighborhood association would pitch a fit if I set it up in the driveway?

17 minutes ago, Tex said:

Yikes!!!

That would be a sumbitch to get in the backyard!!!

Wonder if the neighborhood association would pitch a fit if I set it up in the driveway?

Well it comes on a pallet so leap frogging 2 sheets of plywood would make moving it into the back yard easy enough. The hard part is getting it off the pallet onto a stand. It does come with 4 corner eyebolts type arrangement so it can be lifted straight up. They suggest using an engine hoist. I borrowed a work truck with boom crane so definitely wasn't a problem for me. 

47 minutes ago, ckreef said:

Well it comes on a pallet so leap frogging 2 sheets of plywood would make moving it into the back yard easy enough. The hard part is getting it off the pallet onto a stand. It does come with 4 corner eyebolts type arrangement so it can be lifted straight up. They suggest using an engine hoist. I borrowed a work truck with boom crane so definitely wasn't a problem for me. 

I've got an engine hoist.

The hardest part would be getting it through the gate.

3 hours ago, TKOBBQ said:

Or you could do like my friend did when he had his hot tub put on his second story deck.  He had a crain come in a lift it overtop of the house and set it on the deck.

There's been more than one KK that's been lifted into place in a similar fashion. 

Thought I would get this thread back on topic. 

A sour dough, supreme, pan pizza. Custom formulated sour dough. Homemade sauce. Sweet Italian sausage, ham, pepperoni, green peppers and onions. 

sdp1.thumb.jpg.b57757c969983c877f2210f6fcf0ad42.jpg

sdp2.thumb.jpg.7f76bc10820ef517f7b10fb62523e93f.jpg

sdp3.thumb.jpg.38e5021a66d31a54346b2e07b21accd1.jpg

Came out pretty decent for a custom formulated dough mixed in a bread machine. Cooking in a WFO is all about temperature management and timing of putting the food in compared to the temperature. Pizza is a bit trickier compared to a caserole since you are also timing the rise compared to the temperature. I missed my optimum window and the WFO was about 50* cooler than I wanted it to be. None the less I just had to cook it an extra 10 minutes. Both me and Mrs skreef were pleased with the results. 

Ckreef are the white dishes Le Creuset stoneware?  I was st the outlet and was ready to buy some stoneware and the lady was telling me that I have to be careful with going from one temp to something extreme like a pizza oven.  

I still think ill buy a few to try.  I think the cast just gets a bit too hot for the WFO