ckreef

Nothing but WFO money!

Had some time off work yesterday so I made a Chicago Deep Dish Deluxe pizza for dinner in the Wood Fired Oven using a Lloyd pan. 

I started with a traditional Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Half way through cooking I pulled it out and added shredded mozzarella, green peppers, and pepperoni - now it's a Deluxe version. 

B)

cddd1.thumb.jpg.b6c0bfca18ad3771776b591413f434a8.jpg

cddd2.thumb.jpg.b1dda091c06131fcdc471c020cec3876.jpg

Shrimp and Grits anyone? A different take on a southern classic. A massive U5 Shrimp stuffed with grits covered in parmesan cheese. Served with a bit of zucchini noodles and a tomato cream sauce. Cooked in my Pizzaioli Wood Fired Oven from

Authenticpizzaovens.com 

poalmost.thumb.jpg.b95cd9ebdfe70ec258549bd1d6b9fac2.jpg

gssA.thumb.jpg.7193d750914ae3207518447fe876308a.jpg

54 minutes ago, JohnnyAppetizer said:

I need the recipe, a rough guide to the recipe will do.:)

It's more of a technique than an actual recipe but here goes. 

Find the biggest shrimp possible. These were U5 Shrimp but not everyone can get U5 so go with the biggest you can find. Butterfly them open all the way to the very end of the tail. Any loose meat at the head end you can fold back over onto itself. I then sprinkled with white wine vinegar and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Sprinkled with Old Bay. 

Cook up some grits. Any grits will work but you need to cook them firm and sticky. Add a large spoons worth to the top of the shrimp. Smooth it out a bit in a big hump. Cover with fresh grated parmesan cheese. Lightly press it into the grits. Carefully transfer the stuffed shrimp to some type of greased baking pan (a cookie sheet would work). Bake these indirect in a fully heat soaked kamado at around 450*. This will take 5-8 minutes depending on how big the shrimp are. Try not to overcook them. 

For the tomato cream sauce I started with a good Italian tomato sauce (Pomi tomato sauce). Everything was added by taste. Add heavy whipping cream until you have a tomato/cream ratio you like. Add spices (oregano, basil etc..), some salt and a pinch of sugar. Whatever you want by taste. Heat that up. 

The zucchini noodles I bought a $10 "as seen on TV" device from Bed Bath and Beyond to make those. 

That's basically what I did. Everything by taste and sight. Give it a try. They were delicious and if you can find U5 Shrimp you only need about 3 per person. 

17 hours ago, ckreef said:

Pepperoni and green pepper upside-down pizza and a pan pizza (1/2 sausage, 1/2 ham and Pineapple). The upside-down pizza was a surprisingly good pizza. Will be doing that again for sure. 

usdpA.thumb.jpg.a1bd87843b40c418a0ed5295450435f9.jpg

usdpB.thumb.jpg.1ee7701656316b7d199cccfee3e88d9d.jpg

¡ƃuᴉzɐɯɐ sʞool ʇᴉ ʇnq ɐzzᴉd uʍop-ǝpᴉsdn ɟo pɹɐǝɥ ɹǝʌǝN

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

It was the bomb. Could have used another 5 minutes to crisp up the pepperoni a bit more. No worries. Going to try that again really soon and I think I can hit the bulls eye next time. 

Ya, it looks great and has a serious cool factor ! 

Yesterday with the Wood Fired Oven I started with a couple Cracker Crust appetizer pizzas. A shrimp pizza and a red and blue pizza (tomatoes and blue cheese) 

ccapM.thumb.jpg.1b340e3a169e48e4209edb583ec205e3.jpg

Dinner was Mama Reef's Lasagna Recipe. Mama Reef passed on before I had the Wood Fired Oven but I think she would have approved. 

mrlr.thumb.jpg.bb789cfd1bccf04431d6e3b3b84d94fe.jpg

4 minutes ago, TKOBBQ said:

Charles that all looks so delicious. 

TY TKOBBQ - the Wood Fired Oven is fun to play with but a definite learning curve. Fortunately even the failures taste pretty good. 

Of course I don't post the true failures - LOL