Well, Well - AKORN at Krogers

At the meat counter on Sunday just browsing to see if they had anything I couldn't live without and look what I found:

IMG_20130324_154523_848_zps4326a43c.jpg

No numbers on the top vent, no logo inside, old lid style latch - at least on this one the lower vent wasn't so loose.

It also looked like someone tried to move it without the lid latched so it has the common dent in the body at the upper edge. I hope nobody buys this one.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the 2013 models showed up in the Dillon's stores (owned by Kroger) around here a couple months ago. (You can also tell it's a 2013 version because it has both the King-Griller and Akorn branding.)

And if they still have any left around the end of July, you'll probably see them marked down to $160 or so. :)

The CG King Kooker is in the Albertson's grocery stores here.

King Kooker is a brand of turkey fryer, and is not made by CG. ;)

King-Griller is one of Char-Griller's product lines, which includes their kamados and some of their nicer gas grills.

The CG King Kooker is in the Albertson's grocery stores here.

Actually I should have said King Griller kamado. It is almost the same as my Akorn but with wood side tables and handle and no logo on the grill center. They have one set up in the store - not assembled very well - but they're asking $349 for it.

Kroger's had them last summer and had them on clearance for $99. I called all over trying to find one, even called Kroger's headquarters and they said this is a seasonal item so we can not look it up to tell you were to find one. So keep your eyes open I think I read somewhere on here where they were on sale for that price in late June or early July.

• 3 months later...

Yesterday, it was down to $230 at the Kroger here in Virginia. There's also a $20 grill coupon that expires July 6th. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict the price will go down ~July 7th to less than $200