Sign in to follow this  
moloch16

AmEx Offer: Thermoworks $15 Back

If you have an American Express credit card there is an offer for $15 credit when you use your American Express credit card to spend $75 at Thermoworks.  You have to signup for the offer through AmEx website to activate it.

There are lots of goodies associated with having an AMEX. I looked at getting one and was dismayed to find out a bunch of "show stopper" negatives with card ownership.

Had AMEX years ago, hoped things were different and read online the same problems still exist 25 years later.

M.

On 6/2/2018 at 5:31 PM, mike echo said:

There are lots of goodies associated with having an AMEX. I looked at getting one and was dismayed to find out a bunch of "show stopper" negatives with card ownership.

Had AMEX years ago, hoped things were different and read online the same problems still exist 25 years later.

M.

What were the problems you found?  So far I've had no problems.  I payed for a Disney World vacation with the cash back feature.  Took 5 years to save up, but that was the plan when I got the AmEx card.

Billing mistakes and super poor CS. Have read/heard that is still the case hence my statement above.  Not gonna sign up and then wish I had not. My wife is a certified bookkeeper and I cannot even mention the word AMEX to her and she flies off the handle.

Watch those billing statements close.

It's a case of "once burned, twice shy".

M.

18 hours ago, mike echo said:

Billing mistakes and super poor CS. Have read/heard that is still the case hence my statement above.  Not gonna sign up and then wish I had not. My wife is a certified bookkeeper and I cannot even mention the word AMEX to her and she flies off the handle.

Watch those billing statements close.

It's a case of "once burned, twice shy".

M.

Interesting, never noticed a mistake on my bills but thanks for the notice I will be more diligent.