Does anybody know why the unread content keeps including content that I already read? I have tried playing with the filters and nothing seems to help. I am going through and trying to read as many threads as I can using the unread content link, which worked perfectly until I read all the content in the last week. Now every time I go to the Unread content page, I keep seeing links to threads that are marked as read. And it seems to be extremely inconsistent with the threads that includes with every visit. Clearly, I am doing something wrong but cannot figure out how to fix it. 

I don't really know the answer to your problem but I imagine it has to do with your cookies setting as forums use cookies to keep track of read content. 

I don't know what the issue is, either. It seems to work fine for me, but I don't use that button regularly. 

It shouldn't be any local cookie setting. Forums track your views based on your login credentials. I don't know the word for it, but it's like using cookies, but instead of them being local, the 'cookies' are stored at the forum. 

That's why you can log in from any device and still see what was read and not read. If it were truly cookie based, if you logged in from a new device, every message would be unread.

Have you tried logging out and then back in?

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

I don't really know the answer to your problem but I imagine it has to do with your cookies setting as forums use cookies to keep track of read content. 

i love cookies.  All kinds.  ive made snickerdoodles on my big joe.

Just to follow up. This seems to be a browser specific issue. I primarily use my iPhone with Chrome, which is where I experienced this issue. I am currently using Chrome on a Mac Book and it is working correctly.

Dumb question - do you have two different logins?

I switch between a PC, my iPhone, and a Chromebook regularly (all using Chrome) and haven't seen that issue. I don't think there is any account setting where you could toggle that on/off.

8 hours ago, cschaaf said:

Dumb question - do you have two different logins?

I switch between a PC, my iPhone, and a Chromebook regularly (all using Chrome) and haven't seen that issue. I don't think there is any account setting where you could toggle that on/off.

No, I do not.