Sign in to follow this  
kenb5150

Cast Iron Griddle for the Joe Jr

I've got a cheap lodge griddle (probably 10"ish)  that would fit a Jr. size just fine if the handle was lopped off.  I use a skillet with the handle lopped off in my Jr. all the time and it works great - one of my favorite pans, actually.  I think that would be your most affordable option - the lodge griddle with handle lopped off.  

17 hours ago, kenb5150 said:

I need to find a cast iron griddle or soapstone that will fit the Joe Jr. Any suggestions?

i would contact grill grate & ask them to cut down a griddle to fit inside your jr.  

i've had the cast-iron griddle & have the soapstone, but neither compare to this griddle in terms of quick heat up & VERY easy clean up

https://www.grillgrate.com/the-griddle/

As kismet said, I also use the Lodge 10 inch with the handle cut off in my Jr. https://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Griddle-Pre-seasoned-Pancakes-Quesadillas/dp/B00008GKDN/ref=sr_1_10?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1534688542&sr=1-10&keywords=lodge+cast+iron+griddle+pan  I cut the handle off and then drilled the stub, so that I could stick and old screwdriver in it to handle the pan when it is hot. Works great for me on any of the grills but fits the Jr just fine. You don't want to go too big, or the grill will not draw air correctly.