VinceH

Big Problem with new Big Joe Joetisserie

I will follow this thread because if there is indeed a bigger replacement I would like to get my hands on it. It would be nice to stop some more of the leaks and also be able to use the D&C system so I could cook indirect or at least hold a drip pan. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By odamaK
      So, I got my Joetisserie and began to look for a replacement motor in case after a year my motor failed. The joetisserie motor is .model RM-A101, and conveniently enough Onlyfire has the exact same model number motor that looks identical. Here is the link on Amazon for Canada, same item would be for the USA. 

https://www.amazon.ca/Universal-Replacement-Stainless-Rotisserie-Aftermarket/dp/B00X7RKFWG/ref=asc_df_B00X7RKFWG/?tag=googlemobshop-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293002225578&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1174210165666426299&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000793&hvtargid=pla-502873780552&psc=1&th=1

I ordered by both, and the stainless is going back, it does not match for reasons below. 

Now this says it's rated for 20lbs and is 4 watts just like the Kamado Joe one except the kamado Joe says 50 lbs. which I find odd. 

Also the stainless steel one on Amazon is a RM-A201 and the bolt pattern does not .match the Kamado Joe plate if you have to swap plates. 

The description says it has anti backlash gears.

It's not stronger for those looking for more power but this will allow you to swap adaptor plates and have a backup motor in case your motor dies during a spin possibly and this will get you back up and ruunnig. It's cheap insurance.  

Can't upload photos from where I am but will try later. 

Oh the joetisserie cord is longer. 
    • By Shortyque
      First, a brief confession.  I have had a joetisserie for about a year, and only used it maybe 3 times.  Did a chicken, a turkey, for some reason just a little underwhelmed with the whole process, and then all the extra cleaning up.  Until today...
          Had a small pork loin in the freezer from my BIL's pig.  Watching John Setzlers video on spinning a pork loin, plus a recent post on the Facebook group made me decide to dig the Joetisserie out again.  Injected it with applesauce/apple juice mixture, slathered in mustard and coated with my wife's cajun spice rub.  After about an hour and 15 minutes of spinning at 325 degrees, we pulled it off and left rest for 10 minutes.  My wife thought I was going to break into tears with my first bite.  Words fail me to describe it.  The subtle flame kissed outside, the juicy inside, so soft you could cut it with a fork!  You can't buy food this good at a restaurant (at least not a restaurant I can afford).  Thanks again John for your excellent video.

• By HawaiiJoe
      Wanted to share a very successful Joetisserie cook. I had fit issues earlier with the Joetisserie but the replacement works much better. 350 degrees for 70 mins with just a little cherry smoke. 

• By MichaelS
      Howdy. My better half approved the purchase so I hit the roadshow here in Indianapolis today.  
      1,499.99 for the Big Joe
      219.99 for the Big Joetisserie
      21.99 for 30lbs of lump

Details:
      They had 5 Big Joetisserie. By the time I left at 5pm, there was 1 left. Rep said they only got in 5.  Looks like they only had 2 or so of the classic Joetisserie as well.
      I had to work at 9 so didn't get to take part in the great race for "The Deal", but at least two were waiting to try to get the deal at 9 when the club opened.
      Rep helped me load it up. And by help, I mean he did most of the work. Rep was great and everything survived well. 
      That's a scion XB that it loaded in. Those black boxes have a ton of space, and there was extra room. I should have gotten more lump and probably will go back for more since it is 10 more pounds for 5 bucks less than what Lowes carries. 
      Used a garden cart and two neighbors to get it to the back deck and into the cart. That was way easier than we expected.  

And now I owe my neighbors BBQ for helping. Oh darn.

• By Logan
      So a couple of days ago I was in the store and they had picnic shoulder (pork butt with bone-in, skin on) for $0.98/lb and I thought it would be a perfect fit for the Joetisserie: low and slow would make the skin too rubbery so the higher heat should crisp it up nicely (I'd done a porchetta before and it turned out fabulously)

I followed one of John's videos for the rub idea, though he didn't give amounts. I used a mustard base and roughly about
      1/2 c salt
      1/3 c paprika
      1/3 c chili powder
      1/3 c granulated garlic
      1/3 c onion powder

And held the Joe steady at about 310 for the dome temp. To help with the acrid smoke from all the drippings I slid the bottom vent to only about a 1/4 inch open after a while and kept the top wide open. Actually used the Smobot with this one just for fun and it seemed to work pretty well at keeping the temps where I wanted. Total cook time was right at about 5 hours for a 10 lb picnic shoulder. I was shooting for about 185+ degrees F throughout. Then I let it rest tented in foil about an hour.

I don't know that it shows up very well in the pictures, but that was one of the juiciest pieces of meat I've ever had and so tender that a knife wasn't necessary. The flavor throughout was ridiculous. I'd been assuming the inner portion wouldn't get much flavor and the rub would only be on the surface but for some reason the flavor seemed to have permeated everywhere. The skin turned out very crispy.

Definitely one to do again!