Ogopogo

Obligatory first post

5 hours ago, KamadoJosephine said:

AKA matches?

AKA bongs?

AKA a rubbish bong you knocked up when your good one broke?

AKA someone who's regretful about their flatulence?

:rofl:  nicely put!!!

Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@KamadoJosephine you are a scream!  you make me laugh all the time! thank you!! :-)

6 hours ago, KamadoJosephine said:

AKA a rubbish bong you knocked up when your good one broke?

That was a pretty rubbish smoker; my wife told a bunch of people to come over and I would make a pork butt with like 12 hours notice and somehow ALL of my grills had broken. Somehow it worked but I wouldn't want to do that again. I thought afterwards I might have this proud story to tell about how I built a smoker out of random stuff at the last minute, but in the end it was more like trying to impress people with how I managed to hold the trunk of my junker car closed with a bungee cord.

2 hours ago, Lydia said:

good to know ... i was trying the exxie redgum we get here and had really struggled with it in my pro q

The guy I buy my charcoal off, in Carrum Downs, will talk your ear off on the pros and cons of the various charcoals he sells. He has turned a hobby into a career and is passionate about it.

4 hours ago, Lydia said:

thank you... you just taught me something today.,. i had to look up what matambres means.  Sounds delish. Not sure if it's just because I'm Australian but thanks anyway LOL :-)

Matambres are fantastic. The hardest thing is getting a butterflied flank/skirt and I don't trust my knife skills to not ruin a piece of meat trying it; I used to have a great local butcher that could do it but they sadly closed.

8 hours ago, Billy Grills said:

I'm halfway through my second bag of this for the year.

Very happy with the quality and size although I have no idea what sort of timber it is.

A bargain at the big green shed and burns a long time.

image.jpeg.a5945395e44bf92d1dba9b6d4f3cf9f1.jpeg

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've tried several different kinds, and this one is great value, burns nicely, lasts well.  No complaints.

8 hours ago, AntinOz said:

The guy I buy my charcoal off, in Carrum Downs, will talk your ear off on the pros and cons of the various charcoals he sells. He has turned a hobby into a career and is passionate about it.

is that Terry at Aussie BBQ Smoke?  I've just checked out the website and it looks fantastic.  I will have to go there to check it out, most definitely.

4 minutes ago, Lydia said:

is that Terry at Aussie BBQ Smoke?  I've just checked out the website and it looks fantastic.  I will have to go there to check it out, most definitely.

Sure is. Just ping him before you go. He is at the factory Saturday to Thursday from memory. Love his convict rubs as well.