daninpd

Pepperoni, Mushroom and Onion: New York

This is what I think of when someone either says New York style or game night pizza.  For New York style pizza gimme a crust thin and crispy all the way to the center and top it with meat and cheese and maybe a couple of other toppings.  No squash blossoms, goat cheese or truffles.  For this pie I started with Ken Forkish's 24 to 48 hour dough fermented in the fridge for 48 hours, stretched thin on some baking parchment right on my peel, then swirled around some sauce made from canned San Marzano tomatoes.  Sauteed 4 thinly sliced mushrooms in olive oil  and when they gave up their water added 1 thinly sliced garlic clove and continued to cook until the garlic was transparent.  Sliced a red onion really thin, separated the rings and let them rest in a bowl with a little olive oil. 

Final assembly:  dusted the sauce with some finely grated Pamigiano Reggiano then topped that with some grated mozzarella.  Spread the mushroom mixture over then spread around thinly sliced pepperoni and sprinkled it all with some ground chile flakes.  Top that with the oiled onion rings.   I had the Akorn going at 650 with the pizza stone in place and slid the pie onto the stone.  This was a fairly loaded pie so it took a little under 6 minutes at that temp.  I highly recommend the 24 to 48 Hour dough recipe at the full 48 hours, it really does develop some flavor fermenting that long.  This is the kind of pie that springs to my mind when someone says "Pizza".   Turn on the game....

DMP_1372.JPG

DMP_1373.JPG

DMP_1374.JPG

DMP_1376.JPG

DMP_1378.JPG

Dang it, man.... have you no decency!  Posting one stellar cook after another.... what the heck??? 

I'm not sure... but we might have to see if we need to investigate for doping.  The one trick pony is on his third trick and showing no sign of slowing down!  

Great cook - another amazing one - keep it up and daninpd is going to have a new roomie by the name of kkinpd....  :)

On 6/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, KismetKamado said:

Dang it, man.... have you no decency!  Posting one stellar cook after another.... what the heck??? 

I'm not sure... but we might have to see if we need to investigate for doping.  The one trick pony is on his third trick and showing no sign of slowing down!  

@daninpd is taking names and kicking the proverbial you-know-what.    He may be using PEB, and trying to use PEIP (performance enhancing internet postings.) without the intended results I had hoped.    I need some of what he's got.. so uh... @daninpd who's your dealer.. :-)