ICDEDTURKES

Blackstone cooking

2 hours ago, ckreef said:

You really need to get a Blackstone griddle. They are so quick and easy. She'll get over it really fast. Time in the dog house will only be one or two cooks. Mrs skreef wasn't thrilled when I brought home a Blackstone. Turned into one of the best outdoor appliance purchases I've ever made. 

Yup as ck said, plus the fact it takes 1 minute to clean no scrubbing pans, that platter above is 50 cents at Dollar general, throw them out. 

18 minutes ago, prowe said:

They should comp you one. I bet you just sold more black stones then the Home Depot.

Lol all my friends on Facebook and locally are buying them, on the hunting forums my buddies are buying them. 

If your on Facebook, sign up to Blackstone bites and more. A woman by the name of desiree duke, she's prostaff or something, she's, really helpful. Her cooks make mine look elementary. 

Plated pic doesn't do it justice, Sal and I did some reverse seared blackened pork tenderloin tonight. Fired up the baby kamado with cherry wood for a hint of smoke, brought to 130 than threw it on 22" to 145. Basically reverse seared. Fork tender, with griddled asparagus.

Pork tenderloin is one of our favorite meats, when prepared to 140-145 it seems not to be used much on the cooking boards/groups I'm on.

10859.jpeg

3 hours ago, Freddyj said:

@prowe do you you your B/S pizza oven?

Lol, I don’t use it. Actually only used it once. I’m not a big fan of pizza, so....it’s me not the cooker. I still plan to try and acquire a taste and plan for it.

in my mind I kind of planned to use it when the wife’s friends have their kids over, but that is infrequent and when I have had the popportunity I have gone with burgs and dogs..

i will I’ll say I use the KJ skillet several times a week...so much thanks Freddy

2 hours ago, prowe said:

Lol, I don’t use it. Actually only used it once. I’m not a big fan of pizza, so....it’s me not the cooker. I still plan to try and acquire a taste and plan for it.

in my mind I kind of planned to use it when the wife’s friends have their kids over, but that is infrequent and when I have had the popportunity I have gone with burgs and dogs..

i will I’ll say I use the KJ skillet several times a week...so much thanks Freddy

@prowe glad you like it and use it. 

This is a dumb question but if you ever want to swap the classic soapstone that I don't really use for the Blackstone that you don't really use, I'll find a way to make up the deficit in the future.

Ps, if you ever want to borrow my restaraunt Depot card so that you can buy an actual full packer brisket, beef ribs, etc, (or just look around) then shoot me a text message