I'm so disapointed..... Kamado Joe customer service

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kamado Joe is not affiliated with this forum The odds of someone from the company seeing your post and taking action are very small If it were me, I'd be calling daily until it was fixed.

And often gets a whole lot more expensive on the way

+1   We could go all day on the customer service sucesses of which, I think the better part of us have experienced. The thing is what to do when there are breakdowns. And there are from time

Posted Images

I think it depends on stock-on-hand, specifically spare stock. Warranty is willing, but fulfillment is weak. 

My Big Joe split the fire ring after 2 days. Old version, this was not unexpected. KJ issued a replacement order within 16 hours of my claim submittal, also not unexpected. A month later, I inquired...

"This part will ship out next week, it has been out of stock for some time now."

This is a low item-volume business. You can't expect everything to be in stock at all times. I've got some accessories back-ordered as well. The KJ ash basket is popular!

Have fun,

Frank

17 minutes ago, fbov said:

I think it depends on stock-on-hand, specifically spare stock. ... ...

This is a low item-volume business. You can't expect everything to be in stock at all times. I've got some accessories back-ordered as well. The KJ ash basket is popular!

+1

We could go all day on the customer service sucesses of which, I think the better part of us have experienced. The thing is what to do when there are breakdowns. And there are from time to time, I have experienced a few. Specifically, when calls simply weren't returned. If a company is going to allow you to leave a message, it darn well better respond in a timely manner. As the issues weren't terribly time sensitive, I simply overlooked it. Had it been more vital, I would have utilized @BURGER MEISTER's wife also. :-D

What make me mad, the most, is that I had to call them back to learn the item was back order.... Clearly, my case was in a crack.The last person told me she was going to take care of it, and nothing. Not an email, not a callback, nothing.

And, my base is cracked, not my firebox, that's serious. Who would heat a cracked kamado to 800*? On a wooden deck? Verry irresponsible,  and they told me to..... I had a beginning of rust on a weber kettle, where the leg meet the bowl. It was almost nothing. I asked them what they think? They sent me a new bowl, for the safety, 5 days later. That's customer service.

I can understand it's a more marginal product, but they have to be to able to send replacement parts in a correct delay. And it's not a weird part, it's a full base. If i'd have the new model with the oven style gasket, my base would be already installed....

And by the way, it's not generationnal. I dont even use facebook and I'm 34. It's the first time I complaint about something on the web. I tought that share my story here could help people to know who they're dealing with, especially in Canada.

A JOE or a Charcoal Summit... If you ask me, right now, guess my answer.

I may sound frustrated, but honestly, i think it's beacause of my poor english vocabulary. I feel more disapointed than frustrated...

And Phil Boyles, I also received very fast an email with an order with 0.00$..... But that's the last thing I heard from them.... unfortunately.

Ben

3 hours ago, benthemayor said:

What make me mad, the most, is that I had to call them back to learn the item was back order.... Clearly, my case was in a crack.The last person told me she was going to take care of it, and nothing. Not an email, not a callback, nothing.

And, my base is cracked, not my firebox, that's serious. Who would heat a cracked kamado to 800*? On a wooden deck? Verry irresponsible,  and they told me to..... I had a beginning of rust on a weber kettle, where the leg meet the bowl. It was almost nothing. I asked them what they think? They sent me a new bowl, for the safety, 5 days later. That's customer service.

I can understand it's a more marginal product, but they have to be to able to send replacement parts in a correct delay. And it's not a weird part, it's a full base. If i'd have the new model with the oven style gasket, my base would be already installed....

And by the way, it's not generationnal. I dont even use facebook and I'm 34. It's the first time I complaint about something on the web. I tought that share my story here could help people to know who they're dealing with, especially in Canada.

I may sound frustrated, but honestly, i think it's beacause of my poor english vocabulary. I feel more disapointed than frustrated...

And Phil Boyles, I also received very fast an email with an order with 0.00$..... But that's the last thing I heard from them.... unfortunately.

Ben

I feel for you. I understand kamados on a wooden deck. I've only ever had kamados on a wooden deck. The thought of a crack in the base is scarey. There's a few internet posts where the cracked base burned down their house/shed/barn. If it was located in the middle of a stone/brick/rock patio I wouldn't give it a second thought. 

When I wanted to upgrade from an Akorn I weighed my options for on deck kamados. I don't usually say this but, Komodo Kamado. I have 19" and a 16" table top versions. The bottom is completely clad in a SS sheet. Even if the bottom totally crumbled there's still a bottom sheet of SS so the bottom could never drop out. Yea I paid dearly for this piece of mind. When you call the company you talk to the owner. 

Just sayin........ 

On 6/14/2018 at 3:29 PM, benthemayor said:

Ben

They do need to modernize their support system.  The company has grown a lot over the years.  They need a new CRM to manage their customer service department.  

KJ Support has lost track of Support tickets over the past couple of years.  They need to add an automated system to better track and monitor support tickets.  

On 6/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, BURGER MEISTER said:

When I have problems with any situation concerning warranty issues, online orders, medical, family, I just sic my wife on em.   She can get very convincing upon demand.d827fe112256adc7cb4eee6e884754e0.gif.054f326243273e91f585fec171d158ad.gif

Well then help the guy out and getter to go getem a new base or even a whole New Joe (Jerks with their big expensive warranty )  Herman :banghead:

19 hours ago, Charcoal Addict said:

They do need to modernize their support system.  The company has grown a lot over the years.  They need a new CRM to manage their customer service department.  

KJ Support has lost track of Support tickets over the past couple of years.  They need to add an automated system to better track and monitor support tickets.  

Sounds like you are right on.... The last lady I spoke with seems 'interested' But no follow up.

Will tell you guys how this evoluates..... if it does

I am having the same issue it’s been 2 months now and no word when my base and dome will be replaced. They said to keep cooking on it but I’m not sure the dome has cracks all around the it. The base isn’t as bad as the dome but still don’t want to take a chance. I know it’s the older classic but I’m getting irritated that they don’t have parts in stock. 

5 minutes ago, Gunnergoose said:

I am having the same issue it’s been 2 months now and no word when my base and dome will be replaced. They said to keep cooking on it but I’m not sure the dome has cracks all around the it. The base isn’t as bad as the dome but still don’t want to take a chance. I know it’s the older classic but I’m getting irritated that they don’t have parts in stock. 

Are you in Canada?

We don't have to get a poorer customer service because they decide to make changes to the design... In my mind, you keep parts of your old style or you simply provide the new style with everything necessary to make it work.

When a bought my kamado Joe, I bought their warranty, peace of mind.

1 hour ago, benthemayor said:

Are you in Canada?

We don't have to get a poorer customer service because they decide to make changes to the design... In my mind, you keep parts of your old style or you simply provide the new style with everything necessary to make it work.

When a bought my kamado Joe, I bought their warranty, peace of mind.

No I’m not in Canada I’m in the U.S. I agree with you 100% hopefully they will get this taken care of quickly. 

Hey guys, little follow up!

I sent another email, askin for an update, and I received this answer today:

"Thanks for reaching out to us and we apologize you are still waiting on your order. I checked on the order and they are giving a couple weeks lead time before it is shipped out to you"

2 hours ago, benthemayor said:

Finally, I should receive the bowl in august. I mean 3 months later....

Try reaching out to your dealer, when I bought my kamado he told me they prefer to settle things through corporate but if I ever had an urgent need to reach out to him and we would "sing together".  Try that, 3 months is a long time.