benthemayor

I'm so disapointed..... Kamado Joe customer service

On 1/27/2020 at 7:39 AM, Chris Topher said:

Is a defective side shelf really a nightmare? A headache, perhaps.

The customer service is a nightmare, the defective shelf is a complete fail on KJ part.  What I didn't say in the op, I received an email from KJ on Jan 13 stating they were shipping the part that day.  They also included the other shelf and starter cubes on the invoice.  I thought that was pretty cool.  They sent the cubes, but no shelf.  I have since emailed three times this week, in a very professional tone, and asked them if it was normal for the part to take 17 days to ship.  I have not gotten any response.  I called them this morning and their vm says they are in a meeting and to go to the website or call later.  Just silly.  

I 'm 54 years old and I have never gone online and complained about a company.  This is the first.  With accessories, I've spent $2700.00 plus on the smoker.  I love it.  However, part of spending that much money on an item is the customer service.  God help me if something essential breaks.

On 1/30/2020 at 11:07 AM, MIZZOU101 said:

The customer service is a nightmare, the defective shelf is a complete fail on KJ part.  What I didn't say in the op, I received an email from KJ on Jan 13 stating they were shipping the part that day.  They also included the other shelf and starter cubes on the invoice.  I thought that was pretty cool.  They sent the cubes, but no shelf.  I have since emailed three times this week, in a very professional tone, and asked them if it was normal for the part to take 17 days to ship.  I have not gotten any response.  I called them this morning and their vm says they are in a meeting and to go to the website or call later.  Just silly.  

I 'm 54 years old and I have never gone online and complained about a company.  This is the first.  With accessories, I've spent $2700.00 plus on the smoker.  I love it.  However, part of spending that much money on an item is the customer service.  God help me if something essential breaks.

Update.  Still no answer to my emails.  I Got someone at KJ to answer the phone.  At first he stated the part was on back order.  I explained my issue and that I received a shipping statement on Jan 13 stating my part was shipped.  He put me on hold then came back and stated due to the Corona virus, everything from China was on back order and it won't be until April before it is shipped.  I asked him why they sent me a shipping order if it hadn't shipped and he said that is just an estimated shipping date.  I reminded him the Corona Virus wasn't even in the news on January 13th so that doesn't make sense that it slowed down the shipment because even now air travel is still open from China.  The operator, who was courteous, then stated the Chinese New Year was also slowing down shipping.  That's where it stands now.  April puts me 8 months in for trying to get a part for a brand new smoker under full warranty.  I suspect if I ordered another brand new smoker the part would be on that one.  In the end, this is just a terrible way to provide customer service and I highly doubt the part will be here in April.  I guess Better Business Bureau is next.  Not sure what else to do.  ??

This mirrors my situation almost exactly. Difference being my claim for the shelf was opened in August.  The point is definitely the customer service fail and not the shelf itself.  Being completely non-responsive at times, shipping incorrect or also damaged replacements, promising a response in 24-48 hours and then not receiving one.  No one picking up the phone when you call.  No estimate for when the part will be back in stock after 6 months?!?

You spend this kind of money on a product, you expect some degree of post sale support.

5 hours ago, CP1141 said:

This mirrors my situation almost exactly. Difference being my claim for the shelf was opened in August.  The point is definitely the customer service fail and not the shelf itself.  Being completely non-responsive at times, shipping incorrect or also damaged replacements, promising a response in 24-48 hours and then not receiving one.  No one picking up the phone when you call.  No estimate for when the part will be back in stock after 6 months?!?

You spend this kind of money on a product, you expect some degree of post sale support.

Welcome to the forum

Be sure to stop by the introductions page and tell us more about yourself

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:07 AM, MIZZOU101 said:

Update.  Still no answer to my emails.  I Got someone at KJ to answer the phone.  At first he stated the part was on back order.  I explained my issue and that I received a shipping statement on Jan 13 stating my part was shipped.  He put me on hold then came back and stated due to the Corona virus, everything from China was on back order and it won't be until April before it is shipped.  I asked him why they sent me a shipping order if it hadn't shipped and he said that is just an estimated shipping date.  I reminded him the Corona Virus wasn't even in the news on January 13th so that doesn't make sense that it slowed down the shipment because even now air travel is still open from China.  The operator, who was courteous, then stated the Chinese New Year was also slowing down shipping.  That's where it stands now.  April puts me 8 months in for trying to get a part for a brand new smoker under full warranty.  I suspect if I ordered another brand new smoker the part would be on that one.  In the end, this is just a terrible way to provide customer service and I highly doubt the part will be here in April.  I guess Better Business Bureau is next.  Not sure what else to do.  ??

5 hours ago, CP1141 said:

Maybe i'm a little more forgiving than most but I've had a warrenty claim in with KJ for a Big Joetissery since Dec and a claim in for a busted wheel since early Nov

Niether product is stopping me from using the grill itself, so I'm in no real hurry to get it sorted

Having issues with both products is not ideal, but i bought the grill to cook on and provided it can do that, I'm not really loosing sleep over somthing so small. It'll get sorted eventually