Red River,

I see you say you have the wok and wok ring but it appears that your wok is flat bottomed. Do you need the ring or did you just buy it as a set? I would think the flat bottom would be more versatile. The first pic makes it look round bottomed yet the pic on the pit looks flat.

19 minutes ago, Yazamitaz said:

Red River,

I see you say you have the wok and wok ring but it appears that your wok is flat bottomed. Do you need the ring or did you just buy it as a set? I would think the flat bottom would be more versatile. The first pic makes it look round bottomed yet the pic on the pit looks flat.

It is a round bottomed wok and I've just been using a flat grate on the Akorn, but I knew I was going to buy a Pit Boss at some point and eventually I'll buy the wok ring from the Ceramic Grill store for that.  The ring I bought was more to be used as a wok holder when it's done cooking and I need a place to set a hot wok.  Flat bottom would be more versatile in some ways, I could use it inside on our electric stove but I would probably like a little smaller for inside use.