BBQbuzz

iKamand Problems

Well that’s just ducky, a new model coming out when the first is is POS and difficult to use.  First if should support 2.4 & 5.  My ISP frowns on have 2 different SSIDs one for each speed and that is the start of the issues.  

EVERY time I try to use the unit I have to plan ahead several days to see IF I can get it to connect to the network.  Most times I give up and use the FB but I wanted to use this to help with fire start up.  If I can get if going it drops connection non stop.

Disappointed I bought it, disappointed I didn’t return it in time.  Disappointed in KJ lack of support and transparency.

Edited by grc

1 hour ago, grc said:

Well that’s just ducky, a new model coming out when the first is is POS and difficult to use.  First if should support 2.4 & 5.  My ISP frowns on have 2 different SSIDs one for each speed and that is the start of the issues.  

EVERY time I try to use the unit I have to plan ahead several days to see IF I can get it to connect to the network.  Most times I give up and use the FB but I wanted to use this to help with fire start up.  If I can get if going it drops connection non stop.

Disappointed I bought it, disappointed I didn’t return it in time.  Disappointed in KJ lack of support and transparency.

Don’t panic GRC.  They’ll probably do a recall for existing iKamand customers. 

I emailed customer support about the issues people are having with version 1 to see if there is any progress since I really want one.  This is the response I got. 

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are working on resolving the issues for the IKamand and we have no status on when a second version will be released.

2 hours ago, John Setzler said:

@grc - this is bad advice and I would NOT recommend putting any faith in it.  

I strongly disagree.

If the current iKamand is having such huge problems that new model has to be released to resolve the issue, why wouldn’t they exchange the defective units still under warranty if they can’t resolve the issues with the first iKamand? 

KJ usually been good about stuff like that. They gave cover replacements for people with the original cover fading issue.  They exchanged a good number of first batch of   Kontrol Towers too. 

@Charcoal Addict whether you agree or not is NOT the problem.  You suggested to a user here that Kamado Joe will PROBABLY issue a recall.  No matter how much you might want that to happen, you do not know that it will happen. Suggesting to someone that it will happen is unacceptable advice in my opinion.  If you would like to rephrase your comment to say that you would like to see Kamado Joe issue a recall rather than saying that Kamado Joe will probably issue a recall, then your comment would have been OK.

1 hour ago, John Setzler said:

@Charcoal Addict whether you agree or not is NOT the problem.  You suggested to a user here that Kamado Joe will PROBABLY issue a recall.  No matter how much you might want that to happen, you do not know that it will happen. Suggesting to someone that it will happen is unacceptable advice in my opinion.  If you would like to rephrase your comment to say that you would like to see Kamado Joe issue a recall rather than saying that Kamado Joe will probably issue a recall, then your comment would have been OK.

That’s exactly what I was trying to convey in the first post.  I used the word “probably” AKA as meaning not 100% sure. 

It’s reason why I never buy these gadgets when they first come out. They have teething problems and tech issues in the first Generation.