Raylam22

Introduction

Thanks for having me in this forum.  My name is Ray and I live about 20 miles north of Boston.  I just picked up a Brinkmann Trailmaster Egg off of Craig’s list for $250...it has never been used.  It is actually Snap-On branded and I found this forum because you guys were talking about these a bit back in 2014-2015.  Unfortunately, on my drive home I lost the top vent on the highway. I’m having a lot of trouble finding a suitable replacement as the inside diameter needs to be at least 6 inches.  Any help and recommendations would be much appreciated. 

3B7B6449-1B7B-4606-BEC3-80E81D085BCD.png

468F9D8E-3798-4A97-AF8E-3F53D2638989.png

Welcome aboard! I think @KismetKamado is right. It looks almost identical to some Vision models. I also like the cart that it comes in. Nice score at great price! Dracary seems to make one that works on some of the Auplex brand grills, it's about $60 on amazon. Be sure to check both id as well as od first. Good luck.

3 hours ago, St1brew said:

Welcome aboard! I think @KismetKamado is right. It looks almost identical to some Vision models. I also like the cart that it comes in. Nice score at great price! Dracary seems to make one that works on some of the Auplex brand grills, it's about $60 on amazon. Be sure to check both id as well as od first. Good luck.

That looks perfect - great lead @St1brew!  

But as mentioned, measurements should be confirmed, but I'm guessing that will be perfect @Raylam22.

Do you have some more pictures of the inside where the top vent is as well as the bottom vent. So far I've come up with this:Brinkmann trailmaster egg replacement parts list!  This is applicable if you do indeed have grill assembly 600-5000-A. The top vent part number would be 600-5000-1. The parts are "not available" but if you email someone at the site they may have a lead for you. The other thing I found when I typed in "Snap on Kamado top vent was this: 6 inch top vent from amazon. Good luck!

@TKOBBQ the inside diameter of the vision top was 8 1/4 inches....2+ inches more than what it needs to be. Is that too much space to make up with 2-3 layers of gasket material?

@St1brew i also came across that site and noticed it was unavailable.  I will try emailing the to see if they can help.  As to the amazon link you provided, I believe that is 6 inches from edge to edge just like most of the others...

Thanks for the recommendations!