acidfnord

Best height for cooking?

Hi

Working on a new table, and debating the best height for cooking -- e.g. from floor to gasket / cook level.

Any advice from pros out there?  I am 6' tall and current plans put floor to gasket at 45" (with table surface at 37").

What do you reckon folks?

Thanks!

first and foremost, 45" seems awfully high.

my table top is 37" from floor and the gasket of my Vision S is 39".

i'm as tall as you and i would not make my kamado or table any higher.  esp the kamado, as you may wish to consider those times when you need to pull the grates and reach down inside for any reason.

Photo 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Bachman 5 said:

A stove top is typically 36" high so just use that as a guide for your height that you like , inch or higher or lower

I too was going to suggest a kitchen stove as a reference height, you beat me too it. 

Great, thanks for the advice guys.

Well the table is more or less in place, so methinks I'll take the casters off and drop it 6".  They can always go back on if I need to move it!

10 hours ago, dkling1977 said:

I'm 6'3" and my lip edge is 42" high.  Ok to me.

Agree 100%. The average height of American males is 5'10"; women=5'4". The stoves referenced are not designed to be comfortable, ergonomic, etc. for individuals over 6'. The design is skewed toward the shortest of us not the tallest or even taller among us. I find the stove height at times troublesome; vacuum cleaners & wheel barrows intolerable.

4 hours ago, acidfnord said:

Great, thanks for the advice guys.

Well the table is more or less in place, so methinks I'll take the casters off and drop it 6".  They can always go back on if I need to move it!

Glad you found a height that works for you.