Sagrada

Grill Recommendations

Greetings I am a new member from Toronto, but haven't bought a charcoal grill yet.

I'm considering the Vision grill for $899 from Home Depot, but I'm wondering if there are any strong recommendations for different products.

Should I insist on getting a cast iron grill surface?

Welcome to the Guru there are a lot of great people and information around here.  I would also received checking out the Primo and KJ offerings.  For regular use I would look for stainless steel or porcelain coated grates, less/easier upkeep.  Cast iron does have it's place on the kamado though I just don't prefer it for everyday tasks.

Welcome aboard! There is plenty of great info here and other sites. I love my Vision tons! Not to say that it's the best but it does all the jobs I've thrown its way.

Welcome to the forum!  There's a section on this forum called "TALK ABOUT YOUR COOKER".  Take a look at the numbers, know your budget, read the reviews, and let that help guide you to the Kamado grill of your dreams :)