Thanks for the heads up!  Been wanting to get one of these for a while for my new home, been reading up all about the various brands out there, reading all the reviews.  Finally decided to pull the trigger on this.  Free delivery too.  Looking forward to joining the Kamado community and enjoying what looks to be some amazing food-

3 hours ago, razorbrewer said:

What are the main differences b/w this model and the Original II?  The price difference b/w the two is $500...

3 minutes ago, Scott Roberts said:

Hinge and firebowl are two things different, oh yeah the top vent is different too!

Scott

And the gasket

Waiting anxiously for the KJ to get delivered. Has anyone else gotten this deal from Ace before?  When I checked the details of the  product listing again last night it listed the wire mesh fiberglass gasket as one of the features.  And also the Kontrol Tower, SS latch, D&C.  Which is making me think that they just copied over the KJC-II specs over (unless they started shipping the classic I's with these features)

I am am hoping that I at least am getting D&C (one of the reasons I thought this was such a great deal), the other items are likely an error in the listing unless they are gifting me with a II instead of I. 

Anyways I guess I'll see when I receive it!

J

IMG_9040.thumb.PNG.b4b1fa7fa2c01df6ebd04d2a7aa14e19.PNG

Thanks Scott!  Thanks for reminding that the D&C comes standard in all KJ's.  I guess i'll see what else (if any) i get when i receive it!  Maybe i'll gripe to Ace that the description doesn't match the product and squeeze a coupon for a future purchase out of them :rofl:

Cheers!

The one pictured on ACE website is Model KJ23HC and doesn't have the new control tower.  Looking at the KJ website which shows the Kamado Classic II with the new features (hinge, control tower, and fiberglass gasket).  The site lists this as model number KJ23RHC. Hope this helps

I ordered this from ACE on  Friday - shipped to store - picked it up yesterday July 4th:

It Does NOT have the new kontrol tower or the fiberglass gasket as stated in the product description. It does match the unit pictured on their website, and has the most recent version of the  firebox + D&C system. 

Fully assembled in about 15 minutes (make sure you have help lifting the Kamado as it weights about 200lbs). Added some Royal Oak lump and slowly brought the temp up to 400F over the course of 90 minutes. Broke it in with some grilled chicken thighs and shrimp once I was confident I had a good gasket seal. Will do a smoke of some sort this weekend. Holds temp much better and is far quicker to respond to vent adjustments in comparison to my Akorn. Seems to be quite a deal at $699!