Kamado Ken

Kamado fire boxes and replacements

Hello all,

New member here and I just acquired my first of two kamados.  The first one is the rebranded Snap-on.  It is in excellent shape besides the firebox which is cracked in multiple spots but I would like to replace it.  It is about 15 1/2" across.  Any suggestions for suitable replacements and where to find them?  The second one is a BGE, large, got a heck of a deal on that one as well and it is in tact.  See pics

BGE1.jpg

BGE3.jpg

Kamado grill.JPG

snapon 3.JPG

On 6/25/2018 at 8:50 AM, Kamado Ken said:

It is in excellent shape besides the firebox which is cracked in multiple spots but I would like to replace it.

I noticed after I cleaned my Kamado Joe after my pizza cook that my fire box and fire ring were cracked. I do not plan to remove them to do a full interior clean (sorry @KismetKamado). From what I have seen on here you can go ahead and use the cracked fire boxes.

8 minutes ago, Golf Griller said:

I noticed after I cleaned my Kamado Joe after my pizza cook that my fire box and fire ring were cracked. I do not plan to remove them to do a full interior clean (sorry @KismetKamado). From what I have seen on here you can go ahead and used the cracked fire boxes.

Agree wholeheartedly with that approach, @Golf Griller!  I won’t be pulling Big Joe’s firebox now that I see it’s cracked either. And my Vision I only do once in a blue moon.  Although I do intend to see how much of a mess I can make with a leaf blower sometime soon....  Probably should video that in case it’s epic....

And you’re also right that there are no worries cooking on a cracked firebox as long as it’s still intact and doing its job. Now it’s a different story if you have a cracked outer shell...

The Snap On is a rebranded Auplex I believe.  Can you give any more detail on the dimension? It might be slightly smaller than the standard one many people have ....  I think there was a recent post about something similar....

@St1brew - was the info you dig up on this or something different?  I don’t quite recall....

@Kamado Ken

the snap branded Kamado is a Brinkmann Trailmaster Ceramic Egg that they do not make anymore and it’s difficult to get parts.  You can contact a snap on dealer and they should have everything you need. I needed a top vent and got one (not yet but should have it soon) for $14.  Here’s the parts list https://www.kamadoguru.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=58719

you can also get some parts from this site but seems expensive $225 for the firebox.  I’m guessing that’s not an option.  Best of luck!

https://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/search/part/2149966/216280/

On 6/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, KismetKamado said:

Agree wholeheartedly with that approach, @Golf Griller!  I won’t be pulling Big Joe’s firebox now that I see it’s cracked either. And my Vision I only do once in a blue moon.  Although I do intend to see how much of a mess I can make with a leaf blower sometime soon....  Probably should video that in case it’s epic....

So, do you blow the ash out from the top or the bottom of the grill?

1 hour ago, Golf Griller said:

So, do you blow the ash out from the top or the bottom of the grill?

My plan is to go from the bottom vent after cleaning it out the best I can.... maybe in the middle of the night.  LOL.