Caster Wheels

dirty6

Hey all, after finding a screaming deal on the KJCII three days ago, I am up and running in style. Don’t have any thermometers yet so we are keeping it real simple for starters. 

I have the KJ on the stock cart, and when I went to lock one of the two wheels down today the locking mechanism detached from the actual brake. I can see how the mechanism and brake are supposed to interact, but I can’t quite figure out how to get the brake depressed far enough to get the mechanism back in the proper place. Anyone else have this problem/familiar with these wheels?

Peace,

-j

1 minute ago, dirty6 said:

Unrelated to my issue but here’s my new friend and an apropos beverage

D667EAA0-DCDA-4754-BFA0-922C59F8BC8A.jpeg

Totally not on topic, but are you from the Charleston area? So the Revelry can and had to ask. 

2 hours ago, bigssa said:

Totally not on topic, but are you from the Charleston area? So the Revelry can and had to ask. 

Nope, just arrived into the Columbia area. I’m military, moved here from overseas. Enjoyed the Revelry. 

• 9 months later...

I have a KJ Classic and a few months back one of the caster brakes came undone. Not quite sure how it happened but it was likely caused by me either pressing down at angle to lock the brake or swiping up to unlock. Last week was my spring BBQ clean-out so I took removed every piece, both inside and out, in order to lift out the ceramic. With the ceramic out, it was much easier to get to the brake and to reattach to the locking mechanism. All it took was to hold the brake in place and pry the locking clasps back over the lock. Performs with a standard screwdriver. You do not need to remove the caster, just prop the stand up so it is easier to access the brake plate.

Good luck.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem on my brand new KJ Classic II -- I just to don't have any one that can help me lift this thing out.

I really don't need it locked -- no place to roll but it's annoying to know its not engaged if I ever need it.

I was thinking of jacking it up (car jack) and then removing the wheel to get it on that way.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...