Sign in to follow this  
elbatiger

Happy 4th

Happy 4th everyone, I have started the cooking two Tri Tips in the Vision one trimmed with all fat removed, the other just cleaned up fat cap left on. Trimmed seasoned with Webber Mesquite seasoning, the one w/fat cap on covered with salt, pepper, and garlic and wrapped in plastic wrap both were rubbed with evoo and placed in the fridge overnight. They were removed from the fridge 11/2 hours prior to start cooking. image.png.8090d6fbc77bd59ef8eeaa5f3d58ff4d.png

Cooked for almost an hour checked internal temp, was 153 in smaller Tri-Tip and 149 in larger roast, was told 130 was medium rare I had flipped them about 30 minutes in. Tri_tip_1.thumb.jpg.e1aae62dd211db2ab14c8f18610c7954.jpgTri_Tip_2.thumb.jpg.8179d6fe4f6ba3fad2f3298cf685752f.jpg

Both turned out great, the smaller one with Webber Mesquite was like my brisket but I will leave the fat cap on next time. The larger was very moist and tasted like a traditional roast. Note to self-leave fat cap